Carbing a SR20DE S14.

Merrik

Hey,

So I bought a S14 engine with relatively low k's on it, extractors, light flywheel etc.

I've also bought a set of 40mm dellortos with manifold and linkages etc off trademe ( waiting for it to arrive )

Now, the guy who was running the carbs was running them on a S13 engine on a boat with a dizzy/ coil - i've bought the dizzy/ coil setup off him as well. 

I'm just wondering aside from getting a carby fuel pump for the motor, what else has to be done? injector bungs?

The S14 engine I have is a VCT or something one ( has the dizzy setup as well ) - a friend came over and told me as well as asking how it'll work with the carb conversion which I have no idea...

Do you still have to use the ECU to work the VCT? Or will the engine function fine without the ecu etc? 

Because you can.

Why would you put slide throttle on a smelly old Kent?

C'mon meow Rookie, you know these answers. Don't make me come over there...

Lol

Because the 4age guys can - once apon a time a rally man told me his one went ways better on the carbs than the factory injection.

Do the VCT engines still have dizzy's - ignition could be controlled the semi-old school way.

Non-turbo RWD SR's have a dizzy on them.

S13 SR and S14 SR 's have different head designs.  S14/S15 uses a low port manifold and S13 uses a high port manifold.  Intake manifolds are not cross compatible, so I don't think the manifold you've got will bolt on.

I doubt VCT will work very well with a carb conversion, but you can unplug it and it won't do anything (nor effect it's standard performance)

• Like 1