rum rums hillbilly hot tub

rumrum

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How will you heat it?

We made one out of a chest freezer at uni. Had a radiator from a mini sitting on a gas burner with a boat bilge pump puming the water from the frezzer through the radiator and back in. 

Also rigged up a thermette type thing which worked good as well.

Ok so plan is to heat it using a copper coil put into wood/gas fire, creating a thermosiphon much like this but a lot less sexy (i look good in a bikini but not that good!!)jglpkodt.qtp.jpg

I Am looking for a metal tub type bucket thing to use as a fire box, thinking of just disassembling a washing machine and using the innards..

$50 wet back fire will heat this sweet. Did a perfect job on a full sized spa pool setup I made last year.

Thermosyphoned fine with about 100mm of fall but could of done with a bit more to help it heat faster.

Go to a pool store and ask nicely for some solar bubble pool cover off cuts, a couple of layers of this floating on the water help it to heat up a lot quicker/keep the heat in when

• Like 1

can also recommend  the wetback idea, bag of coal to get it to 40deg, and another to keep it there for 2 days.  Also look for cheap warehouse pool pumps on the tard, got a new one for $50

Insulated the pipes with a towel as it was Twizel, and about -2 outside 

rangispa_zps2c1cfac2.jpg

• Like 1

Fahh , i thought of this when we started going through IBC's of Adblue coming through.
They are pretty strong with those cages in place. getting out when your pissed might be interesting , the sides are really smooth.

Yeah I was thinking exactly the same thing as we got heaps of ex adblue ones

I just wasn't sure about contamination. Was told inside plastic of container soaks up residue of adblue, but that could be bullshit