rumrum

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey pog got more pics mate??

Not really sorry.

That shit works pretty well, heated 700L from 9 to 42 degrees in about 3 - 3.5 hrs.

I would do it slightly differently if i did it again, tighter coils so they sit completely in the flame, and a big cover with a chimney to retain the heat - or as it is more commonly known, a wetback fire.

• Like 1

Make one of these.

P8070552.jpg

There is no wood fueled fire or anything else that can match the heat output for the money that one of these can wack out. Apply said heat to a 20mm or 25mm diameter coil of copper ($$) inside the secondary burn part and you are away. You are going to pay for copper. Suck it up. Every ones in the same boat re that stuff. I have been collecting 20mm stuff from out of the yard when it comes in but joining it (silfos) is proving costly and it coils like shit at the joints. Almost not worth it. But yeah ... a coil of 20 or 25mm dia copper pipe in one of these things will heat a house load of water in quick order. People try to get away with the smaller diameter stuff and save money but their results are proportionate to what they spend. Check out the commercially available wetback and wetback boosters ... check out what size copper pipe diameter the pro's are using. There's a lesson in that. 

I like your tub man. Good stuff.
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...