rum rums hillbilly hot tub

rumrum

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It also eats through any metal that isn't good stainless steel. And not so good if you put it in the diesel tank as one driver/steering wheel attendant has found out

Also great idea rum rum, I may have to copy it.

Coz I need another project to get in the way of working on the van.

I wonder if it's possible to plastic weld two together, or 4, or 6...

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Not yet im on the hunt for a wetback fireplace that is cheap and in auckland.....

Pretty keen to get it running in the next couple of weeks tbh.

The pallet wood has silvered of niceley, i also need to find a way of making a nice edge where the ibc has been cut off as its a little sharp and dosent look the best.

i did however make a neat truck rim braizier but havent even looked at copper piping for the thermo siphon as ive heard it costs an arm and a leg in the size i need any got any hook ups? Or know if i can use steel piping it just needs to be able to be bent into a circle or fittings used so it fits on the inside of the braisier

Will post pics of the burner soon

Cheers

Ok so plan is to heat it using a copper coil put into wood/gas fire, creating a thermosiphon much like this but a lot less sexy (i look good in a bikini but not that good!!)jglpkodt.qtp.jpg

I Am looking for a metal tub type bucket thing to use as a fire box, thinking of just disassembling a washing machine and using the innards..

That looks like a dutch tub. 

Fibreglass company i worked for in aussie was making them, what a pain int he ass. 

But the heating was so simple with the fire and the stainless coils. 

I hope you pull this off.