Warped rotor in an instant?

Unclejake

The BA Falcon developed a serious steering wheel shake and vibration under braking this afternoon. It was absolutely fine this morning.

It feels like a really badly warped rotor, but I've never experienced one starting off with such sudden and dramatic symptoms.

I can't pull it apart for a couple of days, but I need to drive it 800kms the next day, and of course most places are closed.

Any theories apart from a warped rotor?

My BF does the same, sometimes gets a really bad shudder for no reason under braking, and then seems to just disappear.

Doesn't seem to be anything obviously wrong. But yeah they have a bad rep for eating brakes. It's also good at throwing wheel weights and having a wobble at high speeds.

For peace of mind I would at least inspect it, take a wheel off before doing your holiday travelling.

• Like 2

Thanks guys. It's not going to be a wheel weight as the shudder is only under braking.... and yup, Vivaspeed is onto it. The shudder has disappeared. WTF!

I guess the shudder will come back, but I'll throw some new rotors on it while I'm away. 

Dear KY, there's no denying that these Falcons have lots of build quality and design flaws, but it is a delight to drive most of the time and it 100% meets my needs at the moment. There's not a lot of choices in big RWD wagons.... (but TBH I wouldn't buy another Ford after this one. The lack of a manual tailgate opening mechanism is completely retarded)

So retarded, fuck I hated that with the old man's BA/BF/whatever it was, fucking stoopid. Jump out at the boat ramp, sort the boat out ready for launch, I'll just open the gate.. OH WAIT NO I WON'T WITHOUT HAVING TO OPEN THE CABIN AND PUSH A STOOPID BUTTON. FUUUUUU!

• Like 2