Warped rotor in an instant?

Unclejake

Don't rule out a screwed wheel bearing. They go pretty suddenly and have some strange symptoms I found when mine went (both went within 2000kms of each other and less than 500kms of being checked and being fine)

They aren't a tapered seat bearing like most older cars so even when they are screwed they don't have any play in them. Only way to tell if they are gone is to take wheel off, do 2-3 nuts up to hold brake rotor in place then rotate rotor by hand with the other hand on the top control arm. If it's screwed you'll feel a rumbling vibration through the arm.

This confused me for a while when they went all of a sudden (just outside te kuiti at 12 pm with snow falling) and had similar symptoms of rumbling noise when braking/cornering.

• Like 1

So basically Ford didn't fix any of their shit brake issues since at least the ED (therefore likely at least the E series on)

Sucks to have one of those fail barges. Might as well be your wife's Audi.

The brakes are actually relatively good on these things. I've got new rotors and bendex ultimate pads all round and they work awesome.