Rammo's 1972 Series 1 RX2

Rammo

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Note the wheels are the same.

Sadly the 17s are too big on turns - could trim the front valance - or just fit smaller wheels :D

Btw - project not really going fast, this is kinda time lapse... Wish it did go this quick though! I like working on cars, but I enjoy driving them, sharing them and talking about them whilst drinking better!

• Like 1

Interior on the S3s was classic 80s velour (sp?) - grey in my case but also in Wine Red - which is pretty marmite.

Dunno about bringing the Sev over - I did consider it but It's got S5 crossmember/rack and power steering and would have to get all that certed which doesn't need to happen here, so dunno how that would all pan out - hence me just thinking it's easier to shift here and concentrate in the 2.

• 1 month later...

Hokey doke. 

Buzzed some more pictures up, it is pretty much a goer now, aside from some fuel issues - tank is full of sh*t even though I spent a long time cleaning it out.... Hopefully sorted soon and I can drive it for more than 5 minutes at a time!

Btw - Seven is now coming, I had to get a 40ft container so it fit but it will be worth it as long as I pull it apart and re do all the bodgy work I did before handing it over for a cert  :-)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Both are home bud. 7 is stored safely waiting for something to happen but no one including me knows what yet.

2 is happily on the road - took the first drive on the road last week for a shakedown and happy to say nothing fell off!

Also managed to get out to caffeine and classics today to enjoy the heavy rain and low turn out ;)

• Like 1

DA738C0B-676C-471F-880A-12AEBD82A667.png

I only just realised that I was there when this picture was taken. I thought 'Sweet looking RX2' and am just off camera to the left. Didn't know that the car was on Oldschool or anything else about it, just thought it was a bunch of blokes jizzing over a Rotary and walked away.

Small world.

How interesting :)

That was first proper outing in many years and got spotted by a couple mates who'd never seen it in the flesh.

Speaking of jizzing though, it's unfortunate timing of the camera, cos there is some odd hand placement by the fella by the rear door...

• Like 2

Such a sweet car!  I've always loved the rotarys (as a passive observer) and I've enjoyed your story.

To quote 3onthetree's " bunch of blokes jizzing"; The slightly rotund man with the grey top and black sleeves in the above pic looks like he's doing just that ( jizzing over a Rotary).

(Disclaimer, Rammo, if you are the dude I described above, I sincerely apologise)

Edit: snap!

Edited by Big Value Buddy