Rammo's 1972 Series 1 RX2

Rammo

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would totally just get it running (massive turbo) and rock around in it nana spec for lols.

Otherwise good work on finding an original one, they are very very few and far between. If you restored it to stock specs it would be worth some serious coin. But they didn't come out with 18's and 13bbp churbros.

13b Big J with IDA

75 shot

FC turbo 5 speed and brass button

Shortened Hilux

15x10 Convo pros with Mickey T's

Mini tubs

Half cage, back seats removed. 

Racepro's and 5 points

Lightweight ally dash and cards

That rear dumpy on it is huge. I also like the front spot lights! If you ever decide you no longer want the radio, I will gladly purchase from you.

I had an 808 Sedan that was a similar lush orange colour. The 70's had the best colours...

Btw: all the items mentioned are things that will never be attached to the car.

I'm allowing myself artistic licence to re interpret the colour, wheels, improving motive power by going later model running gear and of course reducing ride height but as Elmer says "that's all folks" ;)

New pics up btw.

Stoked that you went Orange. Super pro bushes are great, have them all round in my coupe. Makes for a nice ride as they don't feel too stiff.

I was a little worried that your list of improvements above were real. Sooo glad you have a sense of humour!

Nice find, especially in the UK! I nearly bought an RX2 from Wellington back in the mid 90's, exact same model and colour as yours. It was stock condition as well but it had some rust issues around the strut towers that put me off in the end. Still the guy only wanted $800 for it at the time, seems absurd now I passed on it! 

I lived in London for a couple of years, there used to be a really nice orange Datsun 1600 SSS up the road from me, surprised to see it still driving around in mint condition as well!

You shipping the RX2 back to NZ when its finished then?

Not the first time I've seen/heard of a car being registered so late after being built. Boss many moons ago brought a Starlet which was built in '91 but not registered till '93 or '94. It just simply sat dormant on the car lot basically. Got move around a few yards but no one wanted that particular car.

re v5 from build

I applied for the registration documents and found out a couple things - its a 1 owner car from new - which is sweet. Second, that it was first registered in 1975, but manufactured in 1972. 

So this car was hanging around for 3 years on the dealer floor (maybe as a demo?) Then sold, driven 19k miles and dropped its nuts in 1981 - after only 6 road years..

yeah ive found the uk incorrect with there documentation, me thinks you could say fraud :P lol

ive a rx7 series 4, according to the chassis number from mazda its a 1985, built in 1985, but according to uk its a 1989,

and my mazda demio is a 1998 according to mazda, but uk has it as a 2000, go figure

uk weird, as what i can see they dont use the manufacturers production/built date, but the date it was first registered, boggles the mind some lol

especially when going for parts lol

Sweet engine, looks like a 'Y' block which has the biggest ports and runners of the 12as; stage 2 port it, and it'll honk : )

Did the gearbox mount up inline with the original tunnel mounts or.. ?

I'm pretty sure under the cowl vents were not painted black.

If I fancy more power I'll dump my bro in laws bridge in it - but dump the weber and go FI or back to a Nikki - peak bhp isn't what I'm after and I'm kinda not confident in pulling 12a's to bits as they're unlikely to yield any housings worth putting back together.

Gearbox mount lined up perfectly - no slotting of holes or anything. Well pleased with his that turned out. That means stock driveshaft went in as well. Shifter pops out the hole and everything like it was designed for it!

Oh - Glen - I got burnt today as it was friggen hot and sunny all day! I'm not the biggest fan of the weather here in general, but NI is prob 300 miles north of where I am so I'm pretty certain it's a whole lot better down here than up there!

We get weeks, not days ;)

I spy with my little eye... A blue 7 in the background too...

I do like build threads where everything happens quickly! Seems I missed the boat in England when it comes to finding old Mazdas. I lived in London for 10 years and only chased G1 RX-7's, and now I have seen several people find nice older Mazdas....

Oh, I Like the wheels BTW, they look really good with the orange.