steelies' box house

Steelies

^ yeah it did but the whole thing was gunmetal so they didnt show up as well. think that thing's going on the market soon

cant believe you thought shipping containers have windows from factory russel, what a goose

yeah builder says he's getting a steady stream of weirdos coming for a look-see now. yus, not me! i'd be all 'what are you doing on my property'

Markku, pretty keen to hear more about this modding of old fire boxes..

maybe i should hold off this winter and use a candle instead, buy a bit more time to make sure i dont end up with something dumb just cos of the silly old rules

Just had a look on WCC website - freestanding fire consent is like $200, so might be worth just leaving it for now if you're not sure and sussing it down the track. 

Here's a list of "approved" fires with regard to environmental standards, includes those used for water heating.

http://www.mfe.govt.nz/laws/standards/woodburners/authorised-woodburners.html

And a breakdown of the standard itself including thermal efficiency requirements

http://www.mfe.govt.nz/laws/standards/woodburners/ta-woodburners.html

I expect meeting the national standards for woodburners may be your issue if creating something yourself aye.

/get CCC and just chuck something in there

/fuck insurance

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeeeah!!

ah nah got that sorted but many thanks yet again bizzo.

giz a heads up i'll meat you there for yarns.

just met the valuer there, he's got a tricky job. what would someone pay for a tin box on dirt??

• Like 1

Im confused. Russel? Elliot?

Can you find a compliant burner to borrow? (I realise its not a good time of the year to ask "hey can I just borrow your source of heat mate"...)

Get it all signed off, have party and design/build your own.

went to fire shop today to get a new baffle plate brick. 

asked the old geezer in there about small fires and loopholes and getting around the council etc. 

he reckoned it's pretty much impossible/actualyl impossible to get signed off. 

He pointed me in the direction of '4 seasons' for smaller stuff than they (heatrite) had. 

heatrite's smallest woodburner will still heat a 120sqm house. (metro tinyped) $1095 + $500 flue kit

they had a dual fuel one that's smaller but add another G to the price he said. can burn coal in that lushly as well as wood, though.

he then told me to hit up geezers with yacht stoves/heaters. he reckoned they may not get clean air cert though depending on a few factors. 

choith

• Like 3

joe that one's rad.

yup i think my hands are tied with code of compliance etc.

also, keen for double burner, which none of these homejobs are i don't think. (..?)

freebie kitchenette care of retirement home.

/dead person's kitchen.

040520141160_zpsbe7eaa6d.jpg

• Like 5

yeah it's gona be very interesting to see what he says. laugh, here you go it's worth almost 200k. yes!!

window openings framed and ready for windows/doors which are due thurs/fri. excite.

blocks are just to hold the ply shutters on for the meantime/constant rain

IMG_0072_zpsb9680c96.jpg

01bb39b4-7e61-4459-99af-7041222c041f_zps

so i'm thinking roof will be green.

coloursteel colours:

colour-chart-endura.gif

i like permanent green but it'll be considerably darker than the wood framing, would look nice but not sure it's what i want. would prefer more weathered styles.

rivergum?? first choice so far.

i dunno maybe grey or some where in between.

no red, cos it'll be a different-but-close clash with the container

input please.

016.JPG

the_heaphy_track2.jpg

• Like 2