steelies' box house

Steelies

yeah thats quite a sweet looking burner.

If you fit a compliant burner and once its all settled down and council man is happy can you make your own cool burner and fit it? You are lucky you can fit a normal burner anyway. My boss in nelson built his house and had no option but to fit a pellet burner. Its gay.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

woodheaters_masport_pot_bellys.jpg

its cool cos u can cook eggs on it and pan cakes and bacon so u don't need a stove as well. edit: maybe not these ones but u get it. pot belly stove fire machine

u don't need fuck All of a wood burner for that little house haha. just a little electric heater would do the job

• Like 3

yeh i saw this tv show where that guy made the little cottage and he made a burner out of an old safe. it was lush and he cooked on it.

do that.

my cousin recently pulled an old 1930s spec masport out of his house i could see if he still have it. homo replaced it with gas and ripped out the awesome pink tiled art deco fireplace. man i was like WAT is wrong with u that was awesome

• Like 2

yeah thats quite a sweet looking burner.

If you fit a compliant burner and once its all settled down and council man is happy can you make your own cool burner and fit it? You are lucky you can fit a normal burner anyway. My boss in nelson built his house and had no option but to fit a pellet burner. Its gay.

... again, not that many people are willing to take the risk of ending up with zip from their insurance if their house burns down and the investigator turns up and goes "that's not what the council thinks lives in here..."

Also, why would you spend the $ to get a new one installed, pull it out, take a hit because it's not new anymore, and then spend more money building a different one...

I recall reading about a range called "Tiny" specifically designed for small spaces. Might be suitable for your needs.

310201759.jpg

Jeeze - that is a cool looking beastie - and you know it will warm an insulated container in about 17 minutes from turning the key.

Probably find that 2 or 3 well placed 200W bulbs would also heat a container in the time it takes you to make a noodlerama feast... :D

I especially like the acorn nut detail and those sidepanels are just asking for bolt on Manu-isations.

Also if you want some actual opinions about new vs old - if you can buy a compliant brand new one and have it installed for a mere $1000 more than a second hand headache then spend the extra G.

However that is easy to say when it's not my money I'm theoretically spending.

insulation and roof over, check the plans.

yep KK thats right it's a no-brainer on the new fireplace, not worth the fuck around.

also, as i'm sure we all agree - it totally has to have a wood burner. cant go for a walk in the bush and find free electricity to run the heat pump or cook with.

yeah keen for the little flick thing, but it's unapproved etc. i'm pretty sure.

• Like 2

there must be a retro styled pot belly look alike type modern stove u could instal but I bet it will cost 5,000,000 euros

edit: and this thread is like 1 million pages long so sorry if im repeter-ing things which have already been said lol I cbf reading the whole thing but I am interested