steelies' box house

Steelies

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think my mate from uni went and checked this out last week. His name is Duncan.

Assume there aren't many/any other container houses going up in Welly anyway, he mentioned happy valley but I A; don't know where that is and B: don't know where you are building so could not hundy confirm.

I think my mate from uni went and checked this out last week. His name is Duncan.

Assume there aren't many/any other container houses going up in Welly anyway, he mentioned happy valley but I A; don't know where that is and B: don't know where you are building so could not hundy confirm.

Duncan McIntyre?

^ yeah it did but the whole thing was gunmetal so they didnt show up as well. think that thing's going on the market soon

cant believe you thought shipping containers have windows from factory russel, what a goose

yeah builder says he's getting a steady stream of weirdos coming for a look-see now. yus, not me! i'd be all 'what are you doing on my property'

Markku, pretty keen to hear more about this modding of old fire boxes..

maybe i should hold off this winter and use a candle instead, buy a bit more time to make sure i dont end up with something dumb just cos of the silly old rules

• Like 1

Yeah, most of them last a while, 2 years is standard. You can get an extension fairly easily though.
But you're not supposed to live in it until it's signed off.

It might be possible to get an exemption for the fireplace and have it installed under an auxiliary consent at a later date. Ask the council.

The consent is primarily concerned with building specs and safety, so they should sign it over once they've done their final inspections and leave you to the painting etc etc.