Rookie's Old Car House

Rookie

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the Council meeting went OK, seemed easy enough and the Waikato Shed company had provided everything that was required, although the council lady wanted the engineer to sign off on the durability of the materials, even though there was a producer statement. So after a bit of ringing around I got the feeling that the producer statement was more than adequate, I then contacted the Council lady again to confirm what she wanted and she said it was all there, so a bit of a wild goose chase but none the less we are on track.

I also just payed for the kit so that will be ordered today. Now to do some actual work ha!

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

So I did some more work on this.

I pulled down the back half of the old shed and had a fire.

IMG_20131130_151311_zps436f175f.jpg

70 has a great time stoking fires.

I also pulled down the dead apricot tree, it was a shame it was dead, but at least we will have some good fire wood for winter.

20131130_120411_zps774ff357.jpg

IMG_20131201_181319_zps78f41177.jpg

The method used comes highly recommended; supercharged LS2 powered 70 series! Hopefully I can track down the video.

I also got word from the engineer at the council that the consent is all go, just waiting for the i's to be dotted and the t's crossed.

• Like 5

So I took the day off on friday and did the earth works for the foundations. We hired a 1.75t digger and went at it.

IMG_20131213_083703_zps6c4d424e.jpg

Pulling the pad up with the tiny digger was a mission. So we hired a jack hammer.

IMG_20131213_110725_zpscefb9f26.jpg

Then we got to leveling the area. We used a laser leveler, what a great thing, highly recommended!

IMG_20131213_172017_zps978dc163.jpg

Chucked a scab of pumice down and called it chob done. We got it within 20mm of level across the whole thing so I am happy with that.

IMG_20131213_194050_zpsd98766dc.jpg

And we ended up it a bit of topsoil hahaha

IMG_20131213_194103_zpsa2db6c54.jpg

Now for boxing and reo placement so I can get the council around to have a look.

• Like 3

Good work, there is a house I pass when I ride to work, people did it up real nice, new paint, deck, little planter box/ retained garden things, had a good size old skline double garage, then I see they pulled it down to sell the house.

How is that improving the place? that's the deal breaker for me! no thanks. sorry spam.

The old man has been up the last couple of days,  so we got stuck into the profiles and string lines. We hired a lazer leveler, boy do they make it easy, highly recommended!

IMG_20131218_070843_zpsd0e52998.jpg

So now the strings are all level and square, at the right height, it is time to do the boxing. Once that is done I will be able to dig the footings for the columns and get the reo in place.

After work 70 and I got the boxing done, it is pretty rough at the moment but I will tweak it to get it spot on.

IMG_20131219_194756_zpsece3b7e4.jpg

Now I just have to dig the footings and get the reo sorted, how every it is unlikely that it there will be much more progress before the new year, but it is going well I think.

• Like 1