Rookie's Old Car House

Rookie

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This might be helpfull (see bold). Its is from the hutt city council but pretty sure its generic building act shit.

Producer statements: These are a formal 
document declaring that a particular design or 
product application will comply with the building 
code. The council requires a producer statement if 
you have engaged an engineer to carry out 
structural design work as part of your preparation 
of building plans. You will need to ensure the 
engineer provides you with a PS1 to submit with 
your application. (A PS4 is the document the 
engineer will supply at the end of the project 
stating that he or she has supervised 
implementation of the design and that the work 
complies with the building code.

Also I assume you have building consent for this? the PS1/2/3/4 etc are generally part of the consent process and according to this, you need building consent (assuming the shed is greater than 10 squares. It is the list of things that are exempt.

3Single-storey detached buildings not exceeding 10 square metres in floor area
  • (1)Building work in connection with any detached building that—

• (a)is not more than 1 storey (being a floor level of up to 1 metre above the supporting ground and a height of up to 3.5 metres above the floor level); and

• ( B)does not exceed 10 square metres in floor area; and

• ©does not contain sanitary facilities or facilities for the storage of potable water; and

• (d)does not include sleeping accommodation, unless the building is used in connection with a dwelling and does not contain any cooking facilities.

(2)However, subclause (1) does not include building work in connection with a building that is closer than the measure of its own height to any residential building or to any legal boundary.

I actually dont know what Im talking about. Just trying to be helpfull/make sure you dont dig yourself a hole.

I have consent, I provided them with plans/ engineering details from the shed company, as well as the producer statement from coloursteel. I also told them I will be building it and they had no issues with this.

jUFnz.jpg

Basically I am now up to step 7.

https://www.taupodc.govt.nz/our-services/building-consents-and-information/building-consents-and-information/Documents/Applying%20for%20Consent%20Guide.pdf

This might be helpfull (see bold). Its is from the hutt city council but pretty sure its generic building act shit.

Producer statements: These are a formal 
document declaring that a particular design or 
product application will comply with the building 
code. The council requires a producer statement if 
you have engaged an engineer to carry out 
structural design work as part of your preparation 
of building plans. You will need to ensure the 
engineer provides you with a PS1 to submit with 
your application. (A PS4 is the document the 
engineer will supply at the end of the project 
stating that he or she has supervised 
implementation of the design and that the work 
complies with the building code.

Also I assume you have building consent for this? the PS1/2/3/4 etc are generally part of the consent process and according to this, you need building consent (assuming the shed is greater than 10 squares. It is the list of things that are exempt.

3Single-storey detached buildings not exceeding 10 square metres in floor area
  • (1)Building work in connection with any detached building that—

• (a)is not more than 1 storey (being a floor level of up to 1 metre above the supporting ground and a height of up to 3.5 metres above the floor level); and

• ( B)does not exceed 10 square metres in floor area; and

• ©does not contain sanitary facilities or facilities for the storage of potable water; and

• (d)does not include sleeping accommodation, unless the building is used in connection with a dwelling and does not contain any cooking facilities.

(2)However, subclause (1) does not include building work in connection with a building that is closer than the measure of its own height to any residential building or to any legal boundary.

I actually dont know what Im talking about. Just trying to be helpfull/make sure you dont dig yourself a hole.

Have you engaged an engineer? Shed will just be to 3604 wont it?

Well the shed company used an engineer to design the building obviously, but I seriously doubt I will have to get an engineer to come and have a look at the shed, from what I can tell they are super blase about it all.

Anyway, it is under control, I have done everything they have asked of me and I will continue to do so, because that is the only way to deal with them.

What I am trying to say is, councils often ask for a ps4 to accompany their signoff. While they (producer statements) do not really have any legal standing, they do show a duty of care provided by the council (even if deferred to 3rd party) and covers their bum from rappage if some shit hits the fan for a future property owner in however many years time as it hasnt been installed properly (ie they cant be held accountable).

Edit, this may well apply to dwellings rather than simple non inhabited structures. I am not sure if it pays to ask if they want one or not, cos then they might just say yes and you will need to get someone in.

Forget producer statements.

The reason I mentioned anything is because councils will require a list of LBPs (designer (shed company, engineer (shed company), builder (???), plumber, drainlayer etc etc before (often on the actual application form) they even bother allowing you to book inspections, and those LBPs generally produce some form of producer statement prior to CCC as evidence of their work being to a certain standard. The example I am thinking of here is whomever is performing the building work and whether they are LBPs themselves.

If the building work isn't done by a LBP, then you may have issues booking inspections/getting shit done. If I'm barking up the wrong tree then I'm glad!