Triumph Camber issue Solution?

Muncie

Got front down on my triumph now new bushes added a sway bar Awesome.

Now i've headed down to the back end its going down 60mm lower on heavy duty custom made coils with new shocks to hold springs in place. after dropping springs out and dummying up on trolly jack i have at least 3-4 degrees of tyre killing camber i see plenty of guys on here have dropped trumpys lower did anyone find a fix that can be made in the comfort of the average mans garage?

I've got a couple of ideas to try but be good to skip straight to a proven cure.

haha pretty much. unless you do somethign drastic like lifting the rear arms mounting points or something, I think youre stck with it. I didnt find any easy fixes.. its the toe in that kills the tyres, you can get rid of some of it using shims on the trailing arm mounts

I found that my one didn't really wear the tyres that badly. My solution was fit air shocks. On long trips i.e Nelson to Chch I'd pump them up a bit so the camber & toe wasn't so bad. But if I was just cruising around town Id have them let down... for max lowness. You could possibly make some shims up were the rear hubs bolt on?? Might just be easier to fit cheap tyres.

I found that my one didn't really wear the tyres that badly. My solution was fit air shocks. On long trips i.e Nelson to Chch I'd pump them up a bit so the camber & toe wasn't so bad. But if I was just cruising around town Id have them let down... for max lowness. You could possibly make some shims up were the rear hubs bolt on?? Might just be easier to fit cheap tyres.

Air shocks work well. I have had them on all my trumps. You can't do much to alter the camber, like spacing out the outer mounts to body etc, without starting to induce a shift to positive camber when the car rails through a bend at high speed.... Itll then get very loose.

• Like 1

Have found de cambering shackles for a TR6 that can take 3 degrees out but they are pricey and come from england but are fully adjustable. wanting to run some 14" 235's on back so excess camber will make short work of those. anyone keen on some flash shackles? might be able to get a bulk deal on a few sets haha.

are you sure you'll get 235s under the rear guards? I had 195-60-14s on mine and you couldn't even fit your fingers between the guard & the tyre.Then I ran 195-55-15s (although they were on 9" wide rims haha) for about 2 days, I rolled the lips up on the guards & there was about 1-2mm clearance then under heavy acceleration / load they would rub on the Actual guard tubs. That got old very fast. Went back to the 14s.

are you sure you'll get 235s under the rear guards? I had 195-60-14s on mine and you couldn't even fit your fingers between the guard & the tyre.Then I ran 195-55-15s (although they were on 9" wide rims haha) for about 2 days, I rolled the lips up on the guards & there was about 1-2mm clearance then under heavy acceleration / load they would rub on the Actual guard tubs. That got old very fast. Went back to the 14s.

have run 245 50 14 eagers al round on one before on widened r30 skyline rims no guard mods or rubbing but yeah bees dick clearance on back between guards and shocks.front was pretty good though surprisingly

• 1 month later...