Beaver's WunTwennyWhy Coupe

kicker

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The right tool is amazing to use.

After years and years of rounding off flare nuts, and then having to use vise grips done up so tight that they would actually crush the nut out of round, I actually bought a set of the right spanners. Shit they're nice to use. You can lean on them hard, and you don't round them off/loose skin when they slip off.

Good work with the Y Beaver-san.

Having been privileged enough to be present when you first acquired her, it makes me smile lots to see how you're winning at 120Y improvement.

Yeh I dont think I have enough travel for that...

Its pretty close to the bumps when it hits the floor so I dont think it needs too much extra room. I think ill drop the gbox a touch and see what that does, otherwsie it might be chopy chopy time.

oh tunnel/shaft/pinion angle shit. taken the car to highway speed after putting the box down yet? 

the wag got pretty chronic UJ rumble from all this jazz. ended up with wedged lowering blocks to correct pinion. still have em if you need at all/dodgy

Negative.

Correcting the angle will reduce the clearance even further (as the nose of the diff will need to come up) so to fix it propoerly, I think I will need to cut the floor and angle the diff lol all fun and games.