NicTs carina

EURON8

Forget about MR2 powersteer, too complicated and too much fucking around.

I say for starters just loop the PS lines and work on the critical bits to get it going!

Although, if you are a sucker for punishment I do have an SW20 that I'm planning on parting out at some point when I'm less lazy.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm... Something is coming back to me ........... Did I figure that if the fuel filter(that need to be on the other side of the engine bay) was moved there would be space for the gate to sit there under the master cylinder?????? Hmm maybe.

To be honest the mounting of the gate isn't that much of a drama. I'd start looking at Morevimportant things like the oil filter relocation situation. Will need a custom plate made to bolt to the block. Look closely you'll see wat I mean.....

P steer wise just find a small unit you can relocate to the passenger side of the engine. I spent a fair wad of cash getting that rack rebuilt so make the most of it!

Oh yeah and fatherhood twice over is friggan awesome, especially now I am the stay home dad!! Plenty of fishing coming this summer!!

Stay at home dad, man living the life aye.

Oil relocator already sorted ;) remember you asked me to design you one to get CNC machined? I still have the drawings for it, and i now work full time programming CNC's haha

400791_10151180761390837_974503179_n.jpg

Oh yeah and fatherhood twice over is friggan awesome, especially now I am the stay home dad!! Plenty of fishing coming this summer!!

You cock, left me at work dealing with the maretards :D

Gunna bash you this afternoon you gammy bastard

Forget about MR2 powersteer, too complicated and too much fucking around.

I say for starters just loop the PS lines and work on the critical bits to get it going!

Although, if you are a sucker for punishment I do have an SW20 that I'm planning on parting out at some point when I'm less lazy.

google it. lots of DIY articles showing how it's done.

You could look at adapting a 120y/180b Datsun brake booster and appropriate sized master. Could possibly give you a bit more room to put your gate there?

Try to keep your fittings on your WG clear of your manifold as much as practical. Had a silvia in at work that had one of his fittings nearly sitting on the bottom of the exhaust housing and it kept heating the bolt up and burning holes in the WG Diaphram. You can disassemble the WG and rotate the top half of the WG 120/240 deg from where it is now if needed.

• 2 weeks later...

I definately couldnt run the turbo that high, I have shitloads of space infront of where the turbo currently lives or anywhere else in the engine bay.

Its just a real real shame to not be able to use Glens manifold as it looks awesome (and the one i will make will be rather average in comparison)

Might get my octopus on.

But first there is a little lady in my garage that needs some attention:

399573_10151189255145837_905693730_n.jpg

maybe its time to look into moving the turbo , i know its not ideal but remaking the manifold looks to be the best solution. it wont cost much money just your time. you can keep the colector and flanges, just need to change the pipe inbetween . this way you can move the turbo forward ? perhaps? this will bring the W/G out of the way from the booster, and also alow you to keep the oil filter in its origonal place ? all this is just ideas. but maybe its the best way ?

• 2 weeks later...
Is the carina out in the weather until the AE86 is sorted?

Hope it hasnt dissolved by the time you get back to it. :P

Sadly it is, but i have 3 car covers over it. I know its just optimistic thinking they will work better then 1 car cover but thats ok helps me sleep easier at night.

fuck man, i just flicked through your thread and miss read & thought you flagged the RZ for a 20v because of the headers.

THANK FUCK I WAS WRONG!!!!

No no no nooo haha

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...