NicTs carina

EURON8

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RZ supra? yes please!

Also, that aint no 4age, but I guess it will do ...................

Ha, thats fucking nuts, how many ponies that thing make?

It ran 340kw at the wheels in an EX lancer, Which with drive train loss is around the 500hp area.

Come across a couple of issues with the maniflolds hitting shit, but that was to be expected. EX lancer engine bay isnt the same as a carina.

Moving this around with all the turbo gear on it, it is still lighter then the 3rz....

yup he ran a bearing . 1uz engines not very happy with long banking corners and or drift. they suffer from a bit from bearing issues, or i should say starvation issues. there is alot of this type of info on 4x4 and this site about oil control .

http://www.v-eight.c...82c83527ec1006d

one of his last posts mentioned something about" bragging about Toyota reliability and the strength of the 1uz " , then went on to say he ran a bearing and wishes he didn’t brag so much .

The just don't have the capacity, they will give you a marginal oil pressure increase for about 1 second when you oil pump isn't making any.

A guy I know had a big one on a 3s lotus 7 and ran a bearing around the sweeper at Ruapuna, he then rebuilt the motor with a dry sump and sold it, vowing never again, good enough for me not to trust them.

Kinloud on toyspeed had a 3sge in his carina running an accusump and he pushed the shit out of it regularly with track meets for years, he is a good friend of mine. He showed me in car footage looking at pressure gauges as he cornered then showed me extensive calculations for oil flow rates vs pressure supplied with time frames of how fast the accusump will drop in quantity for different circumstances. I also helped build the same setup, similar car (tt141 corona), one outing, toasted cam journels.

A 3sge oil pump flows 8 galons per minute, or 30 litres per minute. 500 mils per second. A 3 quart Accusump holds 2.8 litres. With 0 oil pressure from the oil pump the accusump should supply full pressure for 5.6 seconds.

Granted the corner at ruapuna may be longer, but it is an insurance mechanism not a 100% fix for no oil in the sump.

Regardless, we have the accusump so we are fitting it.

Got any info on what the subaru guys do truenotch? always worth reading and doing additional work if it helps.

Haha, yea I wasn't saying dry sump is the only way, just a way that definitely works.

Fill the sump with gates and baffles pretty much, I think Cosworth do a rubber gate setup for the new subbie sumps.

IF it was mine I would run it without it to start with, make sure that you don't have any problems, and then plumb it in for extra insurance at the end. I think in reality you will find they empty a lot quicker, but you may get lucky. All I am saying is definitely don't rely on it.

You shouldn't need gates in a well designed sump. The ones I've seen are "cosworth" or "Roger Clark" style sumps for EJ20's and one particular car has done almost 10 years without oil pressure issues (and it's fast... Has done 1:12's at Manfeild).

It's just a case of keeping the oil in the bottom of the pan while under G's - so a good top baffle plate and dampening plates to stop the oil from sloshing around. In the Beams sumps, all you need to do is seal up the corners of the top plate and add a piece of tube into the dipstick hole to stop oil flowing out when turning right.

And Nick, my car ran a Gen3 3SGE for years too. It never had any bearing issues with the standard FWD sump.

And Nick, my car ran a Gen3 3SGE for years too. It never had any bearing issues with the standard FWD sump.

Yes but you also didnt upright the engine like both circumstances i am talking about (proberly should have elaberated earlier)

• 1 month later...