keltik's 1986 Jag XJ40

keltik

HSMO (hydraulic system mineral oil), seems to be a Castrol product. Just bought a bottle. 500ml for $15....who wouldve thought it. Even comes with the special filler tool doofer so you can squirt it in without disassembling the reservoir.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PS:TRIDENTS :lol:

This.

For a short period of time, these were the local gangs car of choice (after HQ's, and before XF coons) and there were no less than two, rocking deep dish tridents.

LOOKED

FUCKING

TUFFFFFFFFF

The ex pres of the local mob had one for years, was red with flames, polished tridents, jacked up rear end, lake pipes and chev v8

Did some stereo fitting tonight. Threw in a Clarion bluetooth headunit and a pair of fusion speakers under the rear seat. Will replace the door speakers tomorrow with whatevers on special.

IMG_0198.jpg

Aux cable is stored in the ash try behind the shifter and the headunit looks pretty neat in its hole. Its not too showy and seems to fit with the car very well. Also being able to just have the ipod on bluetooth streaming is nice - no messy cords.

I still love the dash

IMG_0200.jpg

And some ever so slightly better photos to make up for the complete shithouse one earlier. Better ones to come when im actually home during daylight and its all back together.

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg

oh that old debate lol, so my corolla is oldschool? /an 86 jag would have originally had black plates if nz new.

chuckle

I am dissappoint more did not get my reference to that song.

Is that real wood or vinyl on the dash? Its all about that peanut butter.

I knew it would be borderline but expected/hoped it to be deemed OS. Its got that quirkyness and character about it.

Real wood veneer excessivelysophisticatedsteve. You should see how rich and un-faded it is underneath the gear shifter!

Also regarding black plates - its original plate was NA6 so in the first batch of white ones, then had a personal plate applied in 1990.

Not opening can of worms I hope - but NA1 was the first of the consecutive white plates.

They did a small trial mid way through the M's to see how they would look but not sure where exactly.

86 could have been white or black so I suppose if yours had M series plates then yes it could have been black but only very very early XJ40's would have been black - they were predominantly white plates...

disclaimer - this is my opinion not necessarily the opinion of OS..

sneaky Keltik edit makes my factoids a trifle un-necessary now.. LOL

edit - carjam says your number plate was NA6701 - :wink:

oh that old debate lol, so my corolla is oldschool? /an 86 jag would have originally had black plates if nz new.

Basically this, if it was made in Japan of the same age, wayward of handling and looked like it was shaped with the ugly stick but was capable of having a dildo gearstick. It would be hailed as OS worthy (trololol)

Like all Jaguars it looks decades newer than it is.. Even tho most of the development was done by British Leyland!

I for one am happy to see this piece of radness here,but so not keen for what is os/classic debate.

Just more impressed that all the dashboard lights work and the boot isn't full of water..

TWR kit and some bad ass two toning please

4431369019_44c2cfdd2b.jpg