keltik's 1986 Jag XJ40

keltik

Fixed a couple more things tonight. Popped the drivers door switch apart since none of the other door switches would work. The anti-children switch was nakkered so soldered a bridge onto it. Finished fitting my new speakers in the front door cards - not as much bass as i was hoping from but i guess it IS a cheap headunit driving 6 4inch speakers.

Also did some vacuuming and a bit of tidying up. Next on the cards is sorting out the rusty bootlid and continuing with my hunt for new wheels

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would indeed entertain those for the right price.

In other news, filled up on gas this morning. $150 later - who wants to place bets on how many keelometas i get.

If its anything like my Commy then I estimate 465Km

Really? I only get about 300km in mine. Curse my small but heavy boots.

• Like 1

if its anything like my bmw of v8ness, then you will get 300 odd k around town, and 6/700odd on the open road. It was a wonderous thing, that car was cheaper than my subaru on the open road, and close to TWICE as expensive around town/in traffic.

Looks quite swish! Dont really have serious cash to inject into wheels right now since i should really focus on rust. Would like to get something tho since the current mismatched sizes are really doing my head in.

Here she is as of lunchtime today

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

• Like 1

Oh man. Went to change the front drive belts today and it was a truly gay job. First up tried to loosen the air con adjuster but it was so caked with crud and all imperial sizing so i gave up and cut that belt off. A/C doesnt work yet anyways and its something i can sort out another time.

Then got to the alternator belt and found you can NOT get any sized tool onto the adjuster nut to tension it. So you just have to tension the belt with a bar on the alternator then do the adjuster up with your fingers. It was a stuuuuupid piece of design work and i now fully appreciate Jap design when it comes to such things.

Anyways, this should cure my squeeky sound at idle. More Jag bits should be in the post to me next week so im looking forward to getting a load of other small issues sorted. Started softening the leather with some tanners oil and conditioner. Its getting better slowly.

Absolutely LOVING driving it. Its so smooth and floaty and such a nice environment to sit in.