Slammed Datsun too low?

savageoutlaw

OK, here is a picture of my problem so you know what I am talking about.

7406700296_08c60fa5a5.jpg

When I have a bit of weight in the back - eg passengers etc this happens. Exhaust used to hit the ground sometimes while cornering - had that repaired and not wanting a repeat!

I don't want to lift the cars ride height as I think it is perfect but are there any ways to prevent the springs from compressing so much - like in the picture.

I believe it has coils all around and captive cut at the back.

Sorry in advance if this is a stupid question, still learning the basics.

Edit: Get firmer springs?

There's an outfit down your way called Chamberlain who can make up springs to whatever specs and they're not too pricey. Perhaps get some measurements and pick a desired spring rate and get them to make up some springs for you.

Chur, Tai.

DIY solutions would involve making a very educated guess on what spring rate and length you need, then go around the wreckers and measure up any and all springs you can find until you get something as close as possible. Trim with angle grinder if required.

Legalities can wait! They don't seem to be harmful at this stage.

That picture is even better then what I had in mind... if anyone knew where I could find these or even what they are called would be much appreciated.

Exhaust problem has been fixed by the way (it had leaks) and what is the point of being at high school with a Datsun when you cant give a few girls a ride in your car? :wink:

apparently a easy/simple solution to the front wheel lifting antics would be these : http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-par ... 086149.htm

anyone have experience? apparently that's what NASCAR does

basically chocks the spring stiffening them up (similar to cutting a coil but not)

found something similar to them coil rubbers on TM once, trying to stiffen my rear.. cant seem to find an existing lising thou

discussion on this page

www.oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php ... 7&start=80