Wheel adaptors ..Legal or not?

D1RTY6

Can anyone please advise me on this, I'm currently considering buying some 5x114.3 to 4x114.3 adaptors as there is just no rims in 5x114.3 that are they style i want. (I'm constantly looking at Ebay Japan but have no found anything cost effective to import over yet)

So my question is are these adaptors legal? can you get them cert'd? if so what type do they need to be?

on another note would changing the stud pattern on my hubs be less hassle

from memory last time i looked; went something like bolt on's are fine with just taper nuts. but slip ons must locate on hub and wheel. plus be attached to wheel or hub in some way. either way both types need cert. maybe wrong tho, check the lvvta site, it has the info on there.

fake edit: i also recall something about only being able to go to same amount of wheelstuds, or more. so going from 5x 114.3 down to 4x 114.3 maybe no go..

But still available I think was the point. Worth every penny i'd say. I guess money talks, but buying wheels made to suit sounds like a far better option than messing around with adaptors etc.

OT: they do street fins for hiace vans, hell yeah!

they need to be hubcentric in order to be legal (they need the little lip in the centre that locates/centres the wheel)

They ideally need to be certed, but my bro just has black discs/round plates in behind the wheel that hides the spacers. They get VTNZ WOFs everytime....

BTW 5x114.3 is a far more common stud pattern.. fits Falcons, Valiants, Nissans, Mitsis.. there's bound to be something that would work....