Ling's Silver Grand Father ---- Plan B (NOT a SPAM THREAD)

LingLing

Right Right guys, and thanks Nathan.

No, I don't really find any sig offensive.

Let's not take anything personal from here, so come on guys, let's move on.

Here is the Photo of what my car should look like on the day it rolled out factory, maybe the wheels is not the exact one.

ae86silver.jpg

so I have got all the door and guard exterior trims from Rob. I love this guy.

Now, I am planning to return factory looks for exterior

I am slightly confused, The very bottom of the car( below the doors) does look like black as well, yes?

And, I am buying the after market but OEM stickers, and they blooding expensive, I mean, 100 pounds would get me a whole set if I could find them.

Also, I will strip the Rear quater glass for rust removal, I have searched few things online and reading the manual. Any of your 86/85ers have personally done that? I heared it's bit tricky to do specially they have never came off before.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

35 pages?! Fuck me. How? I have missed out so much. I feel robbed. I join in...

That heat shield IS FUCKING UGLY. Please. Dear me, it's the work of a spastic.

I have used fibreglass heat wrap on 3 engines now. They have been thick walled steam pipe headers on rotaries so not worried about the cracking issues I have heard about with cast manifolds or the rust issues with thin walled headers. It works. When the car is idling I can put my hand on the manifold and not get burnt. That certainly means that there is less heat radiating into the engine bay.

I've not tried hpc coating etc before but it's expensive eh? Maybe needed with thinner walled headers like yours.

Wow- I feel like a part of things now. I'll sleep easy....

My final comment on the matter because as Andy has mentioned this is supposed to be about the car, hence my comments which were to try and clarify a few of the suggestions others had made... and Andy himself had asked for these suggestions.

@Brick of Flying... simmer down, I don't think anyone was actually particularly mean to andy for a change so your 2c wasn't really required and lent nothing of use. (SP was clearly frustrated at skimping on car and spending on guns but again andy's choice so.. meh)

Whoever suggested there was a factory heatshield and offered to send to Andy, dear god please do this, you are a god among men :D

I am slightly confused, The very bottom of the car( below the doors) does look like black as well, yes?

Nah, fairly sure it's meant to be body coloured. I think it's just the lighting of the photo in the catalogue that makes it look black.

mushiking2005-img600x450-1334477064nsf9pm56958.jpg

Kpr, I know there's a factory dizzy cap, which we have discussed before which suitable for aw11 dizzy, I probably would need to change the whole dizzy.

I will pm you for a photo, if that's suit.

Thank You.

pretty sure will be same as the one, in pic Grumble posted. will dig it out tomorrow if i remember, one i got is from ae92,

The rear glass is pretty easy to remove, Andy. Just take extreme care not to bend the trim as you remove it. Once its bent it never looks right again.

Under the trim are just a bunch of clips that you remove by either squeezing the back to release or undoing a screw (easiest).

Once the clips are off the glass should just peel out pretty easily- mine had a foam seal stuck to the glass... hopefully there is no glue on yours as that would make it harder.

I see there are people on TM selling NEW front (and maybe rear?) factory bumpers. I definitely think you should replace with new rather than spraying the current ones black. Paint always chips off bumpers and looks poose.