Ling's Silver Grand Father ---- Plan B (NOT a SPAM THREAD)

LingLing

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no way that you could rev that engine to 10.5k and not have it end in tears dude.

Formula Atlantic 4AGEs pull those kind of revs but they are rebuilt after every couple of rounds, they're balanced to perfection, they have leightweight piston and rods, they have a lubrication system that can support the oil demands of a motor spinning at that speed, and they have rod bolts that can handle those forces. Your motor has NONE of those things.

7-7.5k seems reasonable for an old bluetop that has a standard bottom end. Whoever told you it could rev to over 10k is a moron.

And more than anything it won't be making any power up there anyway... Do yourself a favour and don't fuck with the rev limit and end up costing yourself a bunch of money :)

• Like 1

Aside from that. Mint car man. Awesome to see that you managed to find a decent car here in NZ. There's definitely room in my collection for a modified road car like this in my collection if you ever decide to sell it :)

Get some more pics up ASAP! I won't be able to see it at the 4nR as I'm away racing again this weekend.

There is no way that you could rev that engine to 10.5k and not have it end in tears dude.

Formula Atlantic 4AGEs pull those kind of revs but they are rebuilt after every couple of rounds, they're balanced to perfection, they have leightweight piston and rods, they have a lubrication system that can support the oil demands of a motor spinning at that speed, and they have rod bolts that can handle those forces. Your motor has NONE of those things.

7-7.5k seems reasonable for an old bluetop that has a standard bottom end. Whoever told you it could rev to over 10k is a moron.

And more than anything it won't be making any power up there anyway... Do yourself a favour and don't fuck with the rev limit and end up costing yourself a bunch of money :)

that's why I don't believe him. that's what he said any way. no way 10.5, i know s2000, the best N/A ever built could only rev til 9k.

Aside from that. Mint car man. Awesome to see that you managed to find a decent car here in NZ. There's definitely room in my collection for a modified road car like this in my collection if you ever decide to sell it :)

Get some more pics up ASAP! I won't be able to see it at the 4nR as I'm away racing again this weekend.

yeh, richie will help me with the photoes.

sucks man you can't be here.

Also rang AA, the chick has no idea what I was on about.."toyota what?" what" "how do you spell trueno?"

And did you tell her it's t-u-r-e-n-o? / grrrr fix your signature already!

I doubt you'll find a room for rent in a house with unused garage space by asking people on a car forum. If we had garage space we'd use it. You might have to find an empty house to rent, grab the garage for yourself and rent out the other rooms to people like Orion's flatmate.

You don't have to be responsible for any maintenance if you get other flatmates in, just make sure your landlord is ok with however many flatmates you get. The landlord is responsible for making sure the house its sweet.

Your sig says "TURENO" should be "TRUENO"

Your sig says "TURENO" should be "TRUENO"

No, haven't you ever watched Initial D? It clearly says TURENO.

C'mon Steve

No I haven't

BTW, Andy, car looks mint, I wouldn't change a thing/if the suspension is too stiff then maybe soften that up and that's it. Just enjoy driving it, keep it tidy and clean.

Re your need for a daily, if you a working to a tight budget, just get a beater that you don't car about, like a 2e powered starlet or corolla. If you need something bigger for towing get an older falcon or something