Ling's Silver Grand Father ---- Plan B (NOT a SPAM THREAD)

LingLing

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Id shave those bump stops (cut and sand them smooth - like they arre factory) and run it till you have the cash to go to some BC's

Cut spring will be fine in there as long as it is captive for what your currently doing.

my 2 cents...............................

yeh, not keen to cut anything, Will get the whole set of suspensions soon. After I find out how much the trd costs like that is.

you need to cut the bumpstops down, if you want to run it low. nothing worse than hitting bumpstops mid corner, upsetting the car , crashing and dieing etc.. cutting the bottom part off and nicely tidying it up, will gain you suspension travel. but should still stop the diff or anything making contact if you do some jumps.

you got weak offset and width wat's, what did you really expect?

Re painting them, you should budget $60 per wheel for powdercoating IMO, pricing seems to vary. BUT, painting them isn't going to fix your fitment.

Looks better on the wheels you started with IMO

Surely you know how to paint something by now? hurry up and do anything to the thing..maybe you should aim to, like, do one thing to the car per 9 pages of discussion thread, or something.

Hah, was thinking the exact same thing.

Oh, and Andy, there are previous threads on here about painting rims.

And tbh, you don't need to have a garage to work on your car. Fuck, I changed the engine of mine without a garage :rolleyes:

You sure about that? They look to be normal Dunlop Direzza DZ101s in your photos. They're just a regular directional tyre, not a semi slick, perfectly suitable for everyday road use.

shit, are they? that sucks. I guess the piss of xxxx seller lied to me again...

I know they are dz101s, just didn't know they weren't semi slick.