Ling's Silver Grand Father ---- Plan B (NOT a SPAM THREAD)

LingLing

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldnt classify him my friend. I just know who he is. did he tell you they were TRD ones?

come on, I mean trd springs ain't that expensive, is this really neccecery?

also this bit confuses me... it would indicate there is no problem?/your complaining over something you dont wana complain over?

I cant see trade me at work but i take it there BC Golds?

You might want to check with a cert man/Cletus that you can make them legal. Last i heard, you cant yet

The ones he posted a link to are the BC golds that come with the stub axle already as part of it so wouldnt be an issue I would think?

yea it is because knowone is willing to put there name against the welding and cast work that attachs the strut to the spindle, not even BC themselves are provide the paper work which the cert man wants.

Thats last i heard which is a month or 2 ago now anyway

It seems like you're worrying about the little things too much. By the looks you have found a really nice car and it will be worth adding a few extra things to bring it up to the spec you want.

What's wrong with the current springs? If it handles fine, I wouldn't worry. Otherwise go for the TRD springs that NicT offered you - AE86's handle great with that setup.

Also pretty sure that some TRD springs came out in blue? Could be mistaken though.

^^ exactly whats wrong with how it is now, seeing as you have been harping on about how much you love it i hardly think you are going to race it at a track seeing as the risk of crashing at a track is approximately 39686738305876849X greater than it getting stolen.

However BC>TRD all day. With TRD the height is fixed and you done get camber plates. BC are prob way cheaper and in the country + warranty etc..

yeh, car handles alright. but cut springs man.. cut springs...

I really have to think the cost on BC and TRD, BC needs certi, that's bit money there too.

will track it definitly after the tune! It's not worth to buy a performance car and not trashing it.

If it get killed on th track, so be it!

Id shave those bump stops (cut and sand them smooth - like they arre factory) and run it till you have the cash to go to some BC's

Cut spring will be fine in there as long as it is captive for what your currently doing.

my 2 cents...............................

Id shave those bump stops (cut and sand them smooth - like they arre factory) and run it till you have the cash to go to some BC's

Cut spring will be fine in there as long as it is captive for what your currently doing.

This man speaks the truth. Do this.

Grinders make short and tidy work of bumpstops and it smells pretty too, like burnouts.

I look forward to seeing you enjoy this car as it should be enjoyed, out on the track. I think you have the right idea (generally speaking), with tidying up a few loose ends, getting it road tuned and just making the most of owning your dream car.

yeh, not keen to cut anything, Will get the whole set of suspensions soon. After I find out how much the trd costs like that is.