Snoozin

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kicker

Looks so sharp, especially when skidding it up executive style.

I was having the same convo's about getting a 5 speed, I need one to make better doort noises haha

Guest coldturkey

hay richie, I am curious.

What tyres are you running on the 14 inch tridents. And your other wheels are 15 inch? What about them?

kthxbai :)

Guest Snoozin

Tridies I'm not sure, but I think I'm going to rock a 195/60/14 on them in an attempt to gain some clearance... and drop the car a bit more.

The Enkeis are a 14" and have a balloontastic 195/70/14 which I wouldn't have any other way really!

Guest coldturkey

ah Interesting. What width are the Enkeis?

Im playing around with some 14s, but having some issues with tyre sizes etc.

According to my sources these vehicles ran a 6.45Hx14 tyre. This translates to standard day equivalent of roughly 162/82R14

So to keep roughly the same circumference you'd really need somewhere between a 205/65/R14 or 215/65/R14. Of course you have the new tyre vs. rim width rules to contend with too.

As to whether the Rolling Circumerence is really that important, well in my case it kinda is because i've got a 3-speed manual box. Its already revving high enough at 100kph without making the rear tyres even smaller!

So ya just interested in what you had done. 195/70 is actually pretty much dead on for maintaining stock rolling circumference, 195/60 is about 5% too small.

Guest Snoozin

They're 6 inch, +10 offset.

I feel your pain on the revs, this is why I'm electing to go for a 5 speed manual to replace the 3 speed auto... having an overdriven top gear will be so amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyway, things are happening again, after Nats and with much talk about next years Nelson event, I decided I didn't want to drive all the way to Nelson without an overdriven top gear, and definitely did not wish to tackle the Takaka Hill road with an auto...

So far we have accumulated:

- 1x 5speed gearbox ex Mikeys 240Z (suspected to be a 280ZX box...)

- 1x Exedy clutch kit

- 1x known good clutch master cylinder ex Mikeys 240Z

- 1x brand new clutch slave cylinder

- 1x brand new spigot bearing

- 1x shifter to replace butchered one on the 5speed

- 1x clutch pedal (very important)

- 1x RB20 flywheel (assured these are the same as L series)

Still need to obtain some new flywheel bolts, I'll organise this from Nissan's official parts department style people.

• Like 1

yeah richy has no bench so stick shift is a easy one for him. your only real 2 options with out getting hardcore is find a 3 speed manual column change box or go for a auto, i put an 5 speed rb auto in to my 260c and sorting the linkages was pretty simple but i also had a rb engine also so that made the box easier. or stay tuned and see what im going to do with an A340e or hopefully A350e in the president.

lol my car is already 3 speed manual column. Just that 3 gears hardly seems enough, and as richy said no over driven gear.

I wonder if you could get away with a ridiculous dog leg in the shifter to get past the bench. Otherwise a simpler option would be to convert the bench to two singles. Nowhere near as cool though :(

I wouldn't fancy another auto to be honest >. <

• 1 month later...

Always wanted parts car on blocks on my front lawn for lols. But a parts car is ALWAYS a good thing as buying the little things always cost the most money. I have seen badges/clips/little knobs etc sell for more than doors and other large body parts. Just strip it out, box it up then chop it into useable body cuts and store in a safe dry place..

Damn richy good score.

What are the front seats like? Have to consider going back to single seats... despite knowing i'd get a few dick punches. Couple reasons, easier gearbox options and the benchy really isn't doing my already mangled back any favours.

how much is this parts car worth? cos I'm semi looking for a new lawnmower tow wagon and I have a friendly wof man so a little bit of rust isn't a big deal(my van has heaps and gets wofs lol). You could swap the good parts onto your car and sell me the rubbish? hahha

edit: I wana pull my van off the road and do some rust repairs and wack a 7k or 4age in it. prob 7k(I heard they're a nice modern engine). I need something in the interim. anything with a towbar is good as I have a big trailer