i5oogt's '72 Datsun 260C

Snoozin

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Blasphemy.

It's rusty man, photos are very kind to it. Sills are made from bog on the whole, as is beneath the screen, some of the pillars and it's all bubbling back through.

how much is this parts car worth? cos I'm semi looking for a new lawnmower tow wagon and I have a friendly wof man so a little bit of rust isn't a big deal(my van has heaps and gets wofs lol). You could swap the good parts onto your car and sell me the rubbish? hahha

edit: I wana pull my van off the road and do some rust repairs and wack a 7k or 4age in it. prob 7k(I heard they're a nice modern engine). I need something in the interim. anything with a towbar is good as I have a big trailer

It's beyond economic repair bro, it's already mostly stripped and it's all in the name of keeping mine on the road for as long as possible an and in the case of any incident.

Whats the sweet aftermarket tacho look like?

Post a pic soon! It's cool as though!

Didn't expect to get such emotions from all sorts of people at the prospect of parting this thing out. It's been sitting outside for almost 10 years... you can imagine what it's like.

Damn richy good score.

What are the front seats like? Have to consider going back to single seats... despite knowing i'd get a few dick punches. Couple reasons, easier gearbox options and the benchy really isn't doing my already mangled back any favours.

I have pretty much sold the whole interior, sorry man. Subject to payment etc, front seats are intact but the cloth is wearing thin on the sides of the drivers and passengers.

Was having a poke around foxton wreckers today. And spotted a grill that looked fairly interesting. It was definitely on a Datsun. Now after seeing your thread I'm 99% sure it was the same model as yours. From what I remember the grill was mint. And both headlight surrounds where there( not sure on their condition or what else was still on the car. )

I may be heading back there soon if you would like some more info/parts?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

oh hell yes. How can you possibly have 3??

Any of them decent condition?

I tell you what, I will be in Auckland 26th as we are flying through and staying the night at the ibis budget near the airport. If we could somehow organize getting one close to the airport before 10am on Saturday (27th) I could chuck it in my suitcase. I'm not sure how well that works for you but I could probably catch the airport express bus somewhere convienient for pickup.

• 1 month later...