Mega Shed of Ed.

0R10N

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 27 (yesterday) - markings for concrete cutting, access ramp and drainage are in place. Oh, and someone's stuck branding to the entry doors, haha. It's anyone's guess as to when the contractors will be back in to do all this; I'm taking a couple of mental health days off today and Friday - it's 10am and no one has turned up yet.

6762105047_36d7e3a7ff_b.jpg

As a related aside, I wish I'd bought that wide-angle lens for xmas like I said I was gonna. 35mm focal length does not really convey how cavernous the inside of the shed is.

6762105587_f71b949e99_b.jpg

Pretty sure most of the versatiles have a note thing saying not designed to store stuff up there etc. etc. yadda yadda yadda

Yes, they do. I pointed it out to Chris and Tara when they came over for a nosey the other nite. And we had a good chortle.

Sam, you're welcome to bring Mavis the mini over and swing an O or two yourself :tongue:

as predicted, no werk was done yesterday. But today some concrete cutting happened.

Real blink-and-you-miss-it stuff - contractors would've probably spent an hour or two onsite at most but I wasn't around to witness it.

6769544601_05205f452d_b.jpg

ugh, the window I'm taking the photos out of really needs a clean.

Dirty windows? Ahhh, I just assumed someone had tagged your door already :P

As for block and tackle off 4x2, you serious? :shock:

Yeah, was a weird reflection off something in the spare room. Or ghost orbs :pale:

Block and tackle was an offhand/joke comment to the Versatile rep - realistically, engine crane is a far simpler solution. But as most people have mentioned, the trusses are overengineered these days so could probably handle it. I could even just sling one up there as a prop.

• 2 weeks later...

I realize there haven't been any updates recently; an issue/error/something amiss with the drainlayers has meant the shed project is currently a week and a half behind schedule (and is slipping further and further behind). As of today I'm yet to receive an ETA as to when they will be turning up :doubt:

This of course means that the ramp to the doors hasn't been completed yet either, as the drainage cunningly goes underneath it...

Basically, promises are shit.

However the electrician has been in to wire up the power and lights - eight in total, spanning the central four trusses. Will get a photo when I'm not werkin' 13 hour days again!

Garage company were nice enough to add a second conduit (of 25mm) for any extra stuff I want added in the future, e.g. data. However the placement of the two conduits means that I can't easily add a third one for security without getting in their path. (the other option is to cut some concrete and run the third one for at least 30 metres)

what options do I have in terms of an alarm, given that I won't be running a separate cable, and the only available resource is power? Perhaps something with a backup battery, doesn't have to be monitored (and I don't have a phone line anyway), although having alerts sent to my cellphone would be nice?