Mega Shed of Ed.

0R10N

hi why not make up a couple heavy duty Security Bollards with a base plate that can be bolted down with chemset with a sleeve welded on top for the bollard then slip over then bolt it, would be alot easyer than climbing under the car everytime for a u-bolt, wouldnt take much to cutt through it.... or you could cut up your new floor concrete the bollards in :lol:

atleast it will slow them down 8)

anyway awesome thread look forward to future posts :mrgreen:

http://www.castlehardware.com/catalog/6 ... 35_130.013

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The one issue I have with bollards is that they need to be spaced forward of the invisible line where future spare room partitioning may take place. So they may end up interfering with the three front car spaces :doubt:

The chemset U-bolt idea is better (taking into account the invisible line) - I guess I'd be chaining the cars through their front crossmembers or similar?

for reference - the invisible line is halfway between the two windows on the entrance door side.

Day 23 update - spot the difference? The builder spent an inordinate amount of time fitting the eave trims (he was still going at around 8pm!)

6732440049_9bb3cfd282_b.jpg

Presumably there will be some form of slab/driveway in front of the doors, if so you could cast some retractable bollards in, either manual or auto.

A la: http://www.sopers.co.nz/products/-p8228.php

Has the added security of being highly visible too.. though this could also work against you, plus depending on the door type they might prevent the doors being opened if hte bollards are up. (though this could be a pain if you forget and try to open door form inside shed...

Yeah the builder's a tacit old bugger. The sales rep said he's been doing all their big jobs for years and prefers to werk alone. Better than a group of rough cunts I guess.

He came back today to install the windows, side access door, and fit a bunch of flashings and downpipes etc. Exterior-wise I think he's just about done - all that's left are the main doors and the access ramp.

Funny story - he's managed to piss off my flatmate by conveniently blocking his car in every single day without fail. Can't say I give a shit as I warned my flatmate to either park on the street or the lawn which is what I've been doing, but he just won't listen.

Day 24

6734712025_bb0cbf0e07_b.jpg

Way better than my garage... it's a foot too short to house the LS400 lol. May just cut a hole in the door of the LS or 'accidentally' crash into the wall and park the nose in the bathroom next to the garage so it all fits haha

or i'll just park it in eds garage

Fireplace would be nice... I went in there yesterday to have a squizz at the tilt door setup and with the southerly winds and lack of cloud cover it was already bone chillingly cold in there by about 8pm.

Will probably hate myself come winter.

Yes, speaking of which, I has a door! And the other one is under construction.

6747671331_971f3b3498_b.jpg