chees's dual carbie spaceship

chees-

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So if I get you a can of hot pink paint, you'll paint the bumper with it?

Sweet... 8)

you'll need roughly 3 cans, and 1 primer(i've already got one, and i think 2 will do), although i might 'temporarily' matty b it in the next few days so might not need primer

also sam, i've definitely thought about selling it, but i'll regret it. i'm the same with woman, i suck at letting them go

plus on a good day i love it and get shitloads of fun out of it,

and will have 3 months to pull it off the road and rebuild it in a couple of weeks :doubt:

losing license

edit: note: its just for silly shit like after hours/passengers/manual with auto license nothing serious

Have they taken it or officially notified its goneburger? Its one year on from me hitting a million demerits and i still havnt heard anything from anyone.

losing license

edit: note: its just for silly shit like after hours/passengers/manual with auto license nothing serious

Have they taken it or officially notified its goneburger? Its one year on from me hitting a million demerits and i still havnt heard anything from anyone.

yet to pay off fines, so we'll see after that, holding off paying till after nats just to be safe

• 2 weeks later...

what width are rims? pics above make tyres look a bit more balloon spec than last night? You said tyres were 205/50's yeah?

When you got the original alignment done was it pre/post slam and how different is the height now compared to then (seeing you had to raise then re lower it)

This might be your issue with steering geometry and the new wheel/tyre combo just amplifies it

that was my ex's bloody street, not going back there :lol:

needs moar slam, like heaps more

last alignment was post slam on 175/65-14s(5.5 +45ish), i have since lowered the back an inch or so and switched to 205/50-15 semi slicks on wider and lower offset wheels(7 +35),

did some 'tests' on the way home, basically what happens is it doesn't return to centre, it does the exact opposite it pulls you harder an further into the turn,

when you hit bumps it dives into a turn and then above ^ keeps trying to turn in further, so i've gotta wrestle with it to keep straight.

definitely think its alignment, but if its not i'm guessing tie rods?

I bet you will find the toe angle is really high if it's spinning the steering wheel round on you. Toe out in my experience. Toe In would make it twitchy as. This could very much be caused by a tie rod end issue if there's something up in that department.

But changing offset wheels fucks with all that anyway, changing the leverage angles etc...

But be glad your tyres don't look cheap...