chees's dual carbie spaceship

chees-

dunno, loosen, jack up, undo, give it a jiggle redo, jack down and tighten see what that does.

Your wheels look like they have been redrilled at some stage for the multifit? maybe they aren't quite perfect

figured it out, tapers are different on nut compared to wheel, nuts shorter and round, wheels long and flat

also i love my exhaust, protects my sump and gearbox like a champ

6764816669_45653a9131_b.jpg

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bizarre, would think it would either cure it or no change at all. Do you feel vibration through the steering wheel?

could before, almost can't now, its quite a solid slow up and down, but each side is slightly out of sink, so the steering wheel would shudder left then right then back and so on

now the steering wheel barely moves but you can still feel vibrations through the floor, would take it in for alignment but these wheel are only temporary so no point

middy's car has alloys that are cock in a shirtsleeve type difference between hub spigot and hole in alloy. got tyre guys to slam some nylon hubcentric rings on to help it out.

still shakes a bit but think that's down to a tyre out of round as it stops it's shaking after driving for an hour or more. hah.

nope, guard gap on full lock, ie none, does a law even exist against that? and to cover his tracks also put that it hadn't been checked since crash.

i basically had to tell him what the law was,

fucking gay cause i had a cop give me the all clear in thames, i would've told him to fuck off if it weren't for the crash damage and only got 15 days left on wof

also all my springs are captive and safe, rear shocks are worn out but i've got some to replace them just need to borrow some spring compressors

Had friends who got pink stickered for having no catalytic converter, took pic under car, showed cop cat, response 'I don't know what I'm looking at'... How can you say it doesn't have one if you don't even know what one is... Sometimes they're just having a bad day and will ping you for anything.

If there really isnt a law against it (check with warrant guy), you can dispute it.

In other news - we have a spring compressor you can borrow if you want to venture out to collect it.

Just a heads up, due to the tiny and compressed nature of the springs in these cars, normal spring compressors don't usually fit. I believe there are some you can get that fit, but the normal sort you pick up from repco/supercheap I've never had much luck with.