chees's dual carbie spaceship

chees-

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From my Vectra build thread - these are from the front of an EF I think, but the rear are quite similar

They came compressed in the shocks, which introduces a small issue that anyone who has undone coil over shocks before will understand. Now getting the springs out can be quite dangerous, so it is very important to use the correct tool for the job.

DSC00812.jpg

DSC00815.jpg

Once I had the shocks secure in my custom press, I loosened the top bolt and out the springs came. All limbs intact.

DSC00817.jpg

I couldn't get the hooks of the compressors between the spring coils and even if you could, they would sit to close to everything anyway. Not to mention that the radius of the springs is much tighter than normal compressors also.

Ones like this would probably be ok

DSC00023.JPG

But these ones yeah/nah

spring_compressor.jpg

Why? Diameter of springs too small to fit inside the 'perches' of the compressors?

Yeah pretty much.

I couldn't get the hooks of the compressors between the spring coils and even if you could, they would sit to close to everything anyway. Not to mention that the radius of the springs is much tighter than normal compressors also.

shit didn't even think about that, steve they're out of the car so we may aswell give them a shot? give me a txt when your free

thanks tara for the offer and for the info guys

phr34kr might have to take you up on that if steve's don't work

fail,

no petrol cap (sorted)

right front bumper needs securing (sorting)

left stop light? (park light? think that must be it)

excessive play l/r upper suspension

tailpipes rotten

excessive play l/f ball joint

ground clearance below 100mm (sorting)

looks like i'm gonna be rolling stock for awhile, oh well atleast it'll be comfortable again

• 2 weeks later...