Seedy Al's Corona Wagon of Epic Daily Lame

Seedy Al

So....... hah, yes that is correct. for some reason I have bought this vehicle people refer to as a 'Daily Driver'

But me being me, a daily is still something to project kinda, its just costs less to run haha

So what is it?

Its a 1985 Corona Wagon.

KA47

So 5k, Auto, RWD, about as fast as a granny at a pole dancing class. (just ask goat haha, who was super kind enough to drive it down from Auckland for me. FUCKEN MUCH LOVE FOR YOU MAN)

But hey, its a cheap to run atleast haha, plus, its wagon, so, well. WAGON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so super better for trips and sleeping when a crown wag wont do. AND

It has a tow bar, so can carry even more bikes.

So anyway, I cant leave things alone.

I happened to have a pair of 15x7.5 SSR mesh wheels kicking around for years, and swapped a 1uz sump set up with old nathan for another pair of SSR's, however they are different models. But meh.

So plans so far, Get wof (due in a few weeks)

Slam (have already made some lowering blocks, just waiting on U bolts)

And fit wheels

And some fender mirrors.

And thats pretty much it besides some general tidy up stuff. Totally wish it was manual tho, would be super much more fun and econmical

So yeah, So far have pretty much been pissing about with the wheels. The ones I am going to put on the back, I have decided to move the center to behind the flange, for extra offset and exposed dish. Cant do it on the front though due to wheel design, so will have to run spacers to match.

And because of this, I am now polishing up the lips to alloy, instead of the anodising they have factory.

Have removed the anodising using drain cleaner crystals, was pretty fun being a science experimenty

Fuck

to much talk

As she is

IMG_6830.jpg

IMG_6836.jpg

IMG_6839.jpg

Go me these, even though it had originally had them but have been removed.

These are off a s110 silvia, so kinda sit on a funny angle, but will fix this

These be wheels

IMG_6840.jpg

Doing science

IMG_6841.jpg

One on the left is Anodised, one on the right is after stripping pre polish

IMG_6842.jpg

Anyway

Woop

• 2 weeks later...

I have not had any reason to remove anything off the engine yet. Will let you know when I replace the leaking rocker cover gasket haha

Also 1.75 out of 4 wheels are now polished, but struggling with ideas for wheel center choise of colour.

Might try a red or some shit. Gold/ bronze is another, but a bit normal