Big A's Gloria

BIG A

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah problem was that the codes were wrong to start with titanium is KAC and dark metal grey is KAD which KAD was said instead of KAC. Also dad painted the door checks in PPG and the painter painted the outside in Dupont so all up it was a stuff up that could have been avoided if the painter had done a test patch or even listened to my dad when he told him that there was heaps of pearl in it and the painter said it was just metallic.

So main problem was that we gave the guy the wrong paint codes.

Ah, maybe not so fair to yell and swear at them then?

So long story made short is it will stay this colour and apparently it is way lighter when you see it with your eye.

Even the car painter next door said the colour looks amazing so we will see what it looks like with the chrome.

not all is lost then, sounds like it will look quite nice in the flesh indeed.

Let us know when you get to see it IRL..

Yes but if you were a car painter wouldnt you think to check if the codes matched the description?

Its one of those situations where you could come a comprimise with the guy and shell out some more money but then it will also delay the car getting compliance etc.

yea quite a situation.

they say hate is wasted energy, as you say, best to get on with finish & compliance.

on another note,

'goon spec is so sweet too!

nissangroliaa30wagon.jpg

would a few of either style have made it out to NZ?

(I mean a few, not like 'quite a feww...' :) )

Would love one, there such an awesome shape!

Never seen one before this example of BIG A's.

Yes but if you were a car painter wouldnt you think to check if the codes matched the description?

but if the paint code looked like what you have put in the door jams ( which doesnt look like titanium to begin with) Id think sweet spray and walk away. I mean why would you paint the jams one colour and then want the body another?

just my 2c

As stated before it was a cock up on both parts and because its my dad I cant really say sorry your problem you fix it as he is going overboard on some of the stuff to make sure I have a cool daily ride plus I get an awesome deal price wise. I mean shit the man repainted the wheels and polished up the trumpets on the carbs and did a whole lot of other stuff I didnt ask to get done so I will grin and bear it. As for the colour in the door jams he will repaint that when I go down there next time to work on the Celica.

All I really want is to get the car on the road and not have go into another week waiting to get compliance and certification.

Yea Goon spec is wicked and I just missed out on getting one before I saw the 4 door.

Ewan was just going to have a look at the wagon for me and then the guy sold it. Bastard!!

Nevermind I got a pretty damn good deal on this little gem and because it came from a japanese garage it has been well looked after and has lots of aftermarket goodies (BONUS!!)

Gees didnt you see the LOL after my comment????

There is no way that I would ruin this car with some flames, flames are for hot rods not old school cruisers.

Oh and look what I found an Orange version of my car. Except I think it doesnt have the same engine by the looks of the hint of an intake manifold.

orangegloria.jpg

I can probably get you the part numbers for the rubbers, not that it will be a lot of help as it's likely they're NLA. Still. The offer is there. (so long as I can find my A30 Gloria parts manual)

Shit man if you could that would be awesome, I would rather have new rubbers than some old shit.

I would owe you one big time :):)