Ned's 10cyl 310cc 2 smoke

Ned

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was also the plan once i fix the broken shaft, which means i need to do a dump shop run for more motors as i have no more shafts... though i'm not sure how much magnetos like to be spun up without having something to fire into but i don't really care at this point.

Was even thinking about tapping some sort of pressure release valve into the head that i could easily enable/disable instead of having to take plugs out and that way they can keep sparking or something

Also, the shafts are stupid weak... it just snapped off like it was made of glass when i put the roll pin through :(

Am thinking i may have to just go all out and hope it works....

genuine anti clockwise engines get around this problem by having left hand threads for stuff that bolts onto the crank.

what if you have all the engines facing the normal way and running clockwise with two banks of 5 and use some sort of lay shaft/s to bring all the power into line? or just have all 10 engines inline lol

The problem is that they will either try to undo when you try to start them, OR they will undo when you try and accelerate. it'll never work :P

I have a pretty great idea though that i'll try and implement this week.... in the mean time i'll just play around with a few other ideas i have for the motor... Still have to sort out fuel and throttle... which isn't hard, but when you're doing 10?

p.s. a LOT of people use these Ryobi motors and there is actually a bit of info on them online. They use them as RC plane and boat motors of all things. One dude even claims they have 3.5HP with a little porting and a bigger carb! From what i've read, they are 1.1HP in factory form... so that's 11HP for me :P

would be easier if you got full crank engines with proper ptos and centrifugal clutches. If they all had clutches you could start them individualy which would make things easy. However if would be quite expensive to find 10 non chinese engines in good cond.

why will they undo if they are running clockwise? my panda bikes shaft thing would undo when i applyed the coaster brake until i put some red loctite on the threads. hasn't come off since

Oh, i agree! I really wish i did have motors with clutches etc. I even looked at getting some from China for cheap and they are only US$21 each but then it's US$200 shipping because it weighs so much haha so quickly put a stop to that idea.

So whatever way the motor runs, and whatever way the thread goes, you will put force on it one way trying to start it and the other way when it's running so regardless of what way i run it, if i use a thread, it'll try and undo at some pioint.

I put loctite on the shafts of the 10 motor thing and i doubt they are ever going to come off again THB but i still need a better solution that hopes and dreams because if one does decide to come off, it'ss throw the chain and i'll be left ball-less. Theres 3 or 4' of chain on this thing and those motors rev out to 12 000 rpm... Better safe that sorry ets haha