OldNathans RX30 Cressida 1UZ discussion

OldNathan

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey dude I have a huge job tomorrow and Friday so I might not have time. Its not really a major and want to get the car up and running this weekend/monday so unsure how that works in with you. If it doesnt get done for a while it doesnt.

I will be turning her over tonight and getting pressure up read for drop in again on Saturday.

Go check out here http://www.v-eight.com for some solid 1UZ info and some real world setups and the numbers they put out.

250kw is quite a jump for a NA 1UZ! the lower intake maifold is pretty shit for NA, the heads could do with some work, plus its going to be a decent effort to fit headers that will support that kind of power.

Most early 1UZ cars I have seen with 250kw will have head work, pistons for a compression bump, ITB's, ~280-290 deg (advertised duration) cams and decent extractors to match. The VVTi engine is much better beast, stock VVTi heads out flow fully ported early UZ heads

Yeah will see how it goes. It will get what it gets. Spoke to Kelvin at the car tune company today and he is sorting me a cam grind with shims etc. Says it wont be far off the tune numbers but hey we will see. I know I dont have the headers etc so if not Im still happy and will have all the set up to make some nice reving power :) Once it is all together with the link and cams she will be going on the dyno so will be very interesting. Im bloody happy with my van and thats a lot heavier and just an exhaust.

Was told one of my GTR's setup would make 350kw@wheels at a stretch. Wacked it on the dyno and 430 rolled up. Nice.

Unsure just yet. Will keep it updated as I get the parts. I dont think he was saying with my set up I was going to make 100kw but that the tune that is going on the ECU (A proven 240-260kw@wheels tune with cams and headers) then I will at least have a good bump in power. But once again I'd rather just see what happens. In no way would I say "oh these guys know what they are talking about end of story" and then get disappointed when it rolls out 170kw. Im putting it down to cant wait to see what it does. And at least I have a good base if I want to go further :)

Yeah thats a good point. I have a mate who can tweek it if if runs like crap. He's one of those guys that can do anything. Always good backup haha. Or if its not to pricey I'll get the guy putting the tune on to have a play one day. Im just hoping to have this engine in this weekend and ready for a run by next weekend.

Oh does anyone have any advice for cutting coilover springs? They will obviously still be captive but will screw up all the rates ? I just want another 30mm out of them but the insert is hitting the bottom of the spring seat before it can be wound all the way into the tube. I dont know if I will be able to squish the spring 30mm in the front(and would it make it bouncy as hell?) . But the rear is aready maxed so that needs to be shortened in some way.

Awesome.

Try to avoid cutting coilover springs. How much thread is in the tube vs out of the tube? If it's over half way then it will probably be safe. Not sure if cert man would agree.

Thinking about selling motors and buying a VVTi. But at the end of the day my cas is never meant to be a go fast car so I keep going back to the keep everything fully standard idea. Which will hold.

So keen for VVTi, itbs cams etc in a race car but will never happen, at least not for a few years as I have no money or time.

It is almost all the way down, maybe 20mm shy of the bottom. I think. Ish. I really cant be fagged getting them compressed ay. Ive already done enough to get this thing low and all I get is a few mm at a time hahaa. I'll have another play and hope I dont go hulk on it and rip my shirt and grind them.

What a day. New motor in and a few other bits sorted as I went along. Return lines with P clips etc. Mid sump and pick up all on and oil pressure tested again. Had a play with the coilovers as well. Cant seem to get them any lower so might need new springs. Big full car day tomorrow. Man I hope I get most of this stuff ironed out. Tomorrow is oil light wire, oil cooler lines and relocation kit plumbed in, driveshaft spacer, driveshaft hoop, exhaust on, water added, oil in gearbox etc. Something tells me I wont be getting it all done. Going hard to try and get it in for a cert on Friday and work on the list over the next week. Man I hope this motor goes, or Im out haha.