Economy issues for my MR2 AW11 1985

simonsmurf

im only getting about 360 to a tank they normally do 500km

it has a 38litre tank and 2l of that is not used as i fill when light comes on so thats 36L which equates to 10km per Litre or 23.52 MPG

i have got a new air filter, new fuel filter, ran injector cleaner, replaced plugs, tuned it with a timing light, new oil, new transmission fluid

issues i have with car is exhaust manifold leak makes a ticking noise.

have fixed several coolant leaks

i have recently disconnected the oxy sensor on the exhaust manifold ( people tell me they only have a 40,000km life and after that read rich so u use more fuel)

some help would be great :D

My 16v ae92 does 450km on the highway per tank and around 300-330 round town.

I drive it like a nana mostly.

Its auto. Has new rings and bearings, head gasket and valve stem seals.

New filters, plugs, leads and dizzy cap.

I think thats as good as it gets bud.

Anyone know if universal oxy sensors work on 4ages? i get can get them for like $60 or less.

Would been keen to try that theory

Get an oxy sensor working.

I put one in mine and did significantly more to a tank but can still do a tank of 91 in under 200kays with the usual mods + throttle... Cams etc...

Get another car if you're worried about fuel consumption. AW's are made to be driven.

I've never heard of anyone getting more than 400k to a tank for varied driving in an AW11... They're only a 40L tank and 9L of that is under the fuel light, so you can't hope for too much more really.

Mine does 360ish on a good day.

The lack of o2 sensor will be making a difference. No matter how old your sensor was, it probably still worked (maybe not to full effect). Get a new sensor, fit it and your around town mileage will come back to what it was before.

love the pic

i rember seeing a AW11 rally car when i was a kid looked mint as

Get an oxy sensor working.

I put one in mine and did significantly more to a tank but can still do a tank of 91 in under 200kays with the usual mods + throttle... Cams etc...

Get another car if you're worried about fuel consumption. AW's are made to be driven.