Avenga's Avengers

Avenga

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that second photo- the side shot of the blue avenger- fuck it looks nice there!!!! I never realised how nice they look! Quite a stubby front end I like! :) nice stance.

Thanks. That is one of my favourite pictures of my 1975 Avenger. I am a bit bias but I do think Avengers are a damn fine looking car. I took that picture on a club run down in Napier.

impressive!

Cheers. It's good to see another Avenger out there racing. You have more guts than me racing your Avenger on gravel. I only race mine on tarmac. I lent my race car to one of my mates for a year to do some gravel racing in return for doing the new paint job and he said it went really well on gravel. I should drag it out of the garage and take some pictures of it with it's new paint job.

I have just put up some more pictures of some of the stuff I have been doing on the Avenger so check it out. I will post up some pictures of the engine build and swap later.

there is a blue avenger wagon that is done very similar to how yours is (both amazing) in hamilton that I saw the other day. Nearly pulled over on the spot and asked if he wanted to swap for the merc haha

I think I may know the wagon you are talking about. there was a wagon for sale on trademe about 6 months ago that was a same color as mine and was made about a week later than mine (late september 1975) The wagon was sold in Auckland so it is very likely that it went to Hamilton. It is a factory colour called Crystal Turquoise. Mine is still factory paint. it is in pretty good nick for it's age. the first owner owned to for 28 years and I am only the 4th owner so it has been pretty well looked after for most it's life.

I used to own an Avenger Wagon but it was just a parts car I brought for $125 so I could use the estate diff in my race car.

The '75 looks awesome! Loving the Tridens on it too...

Charger too, is naturally awesome but that pretty much goes without saying...

Thanks. I like the tridents. having Hotwires on my race car and Womags on my Charger wanted something different. I was glad that it came with the tridents when I brought it because I think they really suit it.

Yeah the Charger is just a beast. I have just finished a 4,500km cruise around the North and South Island back in October and it was awesome on the windy roads of the west coast etc. we had a whole bunch of Chargers with us on the cruise and they are just awesome cars.

Yeah, it's pretty hard to miss the Avenger. It turns a lot of head. Probably would have been Friday you saw me. I was driving the Charger on Monday.

I will definitely pop out to the burgerfuel thing. I will decide on the day which car I bring.

Yeah, it's pretty hard to miss the Avenger. It turns a lot of head. Probably would have been Friday you saw me. I was driving the Charger on Monday.

I will definitely pop out to the burgerfuel thing. I will decide on the day which car I bring.

Sweet as!

Next time ill toot and carry on out the window of whatever vehicle im in haha

haha cool. I will keep an eye out for your tooting and hollering. actually it is funny how often that happens. I was up in Albany on Saturday and I had a guy on a bike pull up beside me at the lights and ask what I had under the hood. most people are surprised when I say its only a little 1500.

Meh, need to finish my bloody avengers.

They're quite fun to fang around

Hows your Avenger going? I remember reading your project post on it a while back. have you done anything since?

Avengers are great fun to fang around in. they are really light and you can get a fair amount out of the engine.

I will be posting some engine pictures tomorrow.

Fixed up my brown one after some bastard stole the radiator and beat up the front. It runs bloody good but the front suspension needs straightening. Can't find my sledge hammer...

Green one is currently rotting on the back lawn.

So yeah, at this stage, they're not doing much.

I am a bit the same with my 1980 race car. I really should do something with it. at least now I have more garage space so I can keep the race car and Charger in the garage and '75 in the car port. I haven't started the '80 in a few years so I hope it still runs.