Avenga's Avengers

Avenga

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The speedo history of my Avenger isn't the greatest so I am sure it won't matter about a few thousand KM's missed. I will be doing my new dashboard and working speedo in after the OS nats.

And I will keep a log of what driving I do and work out a rough distance with google and keep them in a log book as I can add it back on when I do the new dashboard and for servicing etc.

I don't know what the old owner was doing with the odometer but it was going crazy in 2004-2006.

16,626 2006, August 29th WOF inspection 8.81/3,206

14,741 2006, January 27th WOF inspection odometer decrease -131,589.00

146,330 2005, September 12th WOF inspection 180.43/65,678

109,875 2005, February 22nd WOF inspection odometer decrease -76,936.00

186,811 2004, July 30th WOF inspection 27.00/9,828

186,757 2004, July 28th WOF inspection 877.57/319,437

19,104 2004, January 19th WOF inspection 262.06/95,390

6,263 2003, December 1st WOF inspection 0.25/91

haha, my one lately

124,402 2011, March 1st WOF inspection

124,402 2011, March 1st WOF inspection no travel for 158 days

124,402 2010, September 23rd WOF inspection no travel for 194 days

124,402 2010, March 13th WOF inspection no travel for 9 days

124,402 2010, March 4th WOF inspection 12.58/4,578

Haha, i saw you down teatatu/maybe lincoln road the other day. full on avenger cruise, you and a standy brown one.

Yes that was us. We were doing a Sunbeam car club scatter rally. We came 2nd.

technically (note, im not being a knob) this legally needs a cert doesnt it?

repeat, im not being a knob lol, just curious?

Yes but shh.

I will get it all certed once I have finished all my mods like the suspension and volvo brakes.

Otherwise I would need to get it certed like 3 times.

• 3 weeks later...

I got it done by a guy on the north shore. Grant's Auto Upholstery.

Cost $190+GST to have both front seats repaired. He replaced the foam in the drivers seat base and rebuilt the whole base then replaced the 2 ripped sections with new vinyl before vinyl welding all to small rips and dyeing to match the rest of the vinyl.

The passengers was pretty good to begin with so he just welded the small rips and dyed them.

Yeah I was really happy with the price for the amount of work he did on the seats. They look really good now and feel much better with the new foam and rebuilt base.

He is also doing my new dashboard and a new rear parcel tray for me.

• 1 year later...

Thanks.

Yeah I love the full on race car look so I grabed all my race bits off my rally car and swapped the over to this one. Should look pretty racecar when it is done, can't wait to see how the front flares and spoiler will look when it is done.

Yup, I will be keeping it the same colour with a satin black bonnet. I am thinking of maybe doing some type of stripes on it also.

The diamond racing wheels look awesome. Need to change the offset on the fronts but the rear ones look awesome. Make it look really tough with the flares

Yeah I am getting some stiffer springs for the rear which might be a bit lower. I will work that out once the flares are fitted, I will be getting the springs made custom so I can specify the ride height and stiffness.

I still want it usable so I don't want tyre rub or overly stiff springs.

Not sure about the tiger stripes because they go up and over the rear spoiler. I like the ducktail better that the tiger spoiler so I don't know what to do with the rear end of the stripe.

I really like the strobe stripe on the Cuda's but I don't know if I could pull it off on the Avenger.

driver-front-side.jpg

I really don't like that the tiger stipe is straight. I think it look weird having a straight stipe just below a curved body line.

I would really like to come up with something that can use and emphasize the rear body lines, sort of like on the Valiant Chargers

tumblr_m3i27uXMPt1qb815co1_500.jpg

• 1 month later...