4th New Year Nostalgic Jap/Oldschool Meet - 2011 - Auckland

AE25

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cornwall, its a public park. first in first served i believe? there's a member on here who knows the land owner but

Me,

Paddock is a no go

They have a first in first served policy (even applies to weddings)

However.................

I have a paddock.... located 1/2 way tween Waimauku Shops and Muriwai Beach... in good traffic I make a trip to Ak CBD in half an hour.

Paddock slitely sloped but pretty flat (as in smooth, as said is sloped) no shade though... theres actually 30acres of paddocks but really only one maybe 2 that would be suitable. Apparently old owner had a hotrod park up in there a while back so access for low cars should be fine.

Anyway assuming Mrs doesn't have coronary at the suggestion it is an option if G.C's don't mind the trip and want to get away from all the dick's who park their plastic modern P.O.S amongst our sick old bitches... (Cornwall... honestly why would you see something like this meet going on and park your Camry right in the middle...)

Well if it's to be a public place a much earlier start time is called for. I got the last one wrong and was there what I thought was 20min early... unfortunately I was really an hour and 20min early... point of my ramble is me and the guy I cruised to Cornwall park with were the only cars in the whole carpark! So parking up at Cornwall @ 10am rather than 11am is the go... (or at least was that day...)

To far up for us lot from down south, cost enough just to go to auck central so I know of 3 mk2 supra's that wont be there if its up past Auckland, poss a few other old school car as well.

Cars were made to be driven dude, chuck and extra $20 in your tank and that will be enough. Its a really nice drive out those ways aswell and only 10min, if that, from the beach if you want to cruise out there after

I vote paddock

To far up for us lot from down south, cost enough just to go to auck central so I know of 3 mk2 supra's that wont be there if its up past Auckland, poss a few other old school car as well.

Cars were made to be driven dude, chuck and extra $20 in your tank and that will be enough. Its a really nice drive out those ways aswell and only 10min, if that, from the beach if you want to cruise out there after

I vote paddock

Yeh, make a weekend of it, it's a celebration bitches!

Well if it's to be a public place a much earlier start time is called for. I got the last one wrong and was there what I thought was 20min early... unfortunately I was really an hour and 20min early... point of my ramble is me and the guy I cruised to Cornwall park with were the only cars in the whole carpark! So parking up at Cornwall @ 10am rather than 11am is the go... (or at least was that day...)

Spot on, I've not had any luck convincing the management that noone would misbehave (and I can't really guarantee them that this would happen) so getting there early is th eonly option.

I play for the rugby club down the road which has carparking, so I could run it by the facilities manager there, but it would be the same deal re behaviour I dare say (plus they would prob want a donation)

I play for the rugby club down the road which has carparking, so I could run it by the facilities manager there, but it would be the same deal re behaviour I dare say (plus they would prob want a donation)

$2 ea x 75 odd cars $150... plus I'd say most boe's would jump on any arsehole who started being a dick but it only takes 1...

discussions! mean

can peeps put up links to these places?

massey carpark looks pretty good aye. not too far out of town. trees for shade.

http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?f=q&sourc ... 6&t=h&z=19

can't guarantee no dipshits will show up and do a skid au. its a car meet. pity, but thats how the cookie crumbles. won't book a venue thats overly anal about behavior. it'll backfire on us sooner or later

^^ Even the Albany Carparks off Oteha Valley road (Just North of North Harbour Stadium) could be suitable

http://maps.google.co.nz/maps?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=s&hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=google+maps+north+harbour+stadium&fb=1&gl=nz&hq=stadium&hnear=North+Harbour,+Auckland&cid=0,0,7099228135220804569&ei=XQj-TO7fL8i3rAfEn8G8CA&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBkQnwIwAA.

It is made up of 3 huge gravel carparks but is a public carpark. Usually Its empty unless there is an event at the stadium.

Perhaps this is another option?

• 2 weeks later...