WAGNATS 2011 - Discussion

Spencer

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wicked.

just a quick point early on in the piece....

Rubbish!

can we please take means to leave with the crap we bring, things got a bit disgusting last year and the unlucky sod who had to deal with our three tons of garbage carefully wrapped in the world's thinnest plastic bag would have been cursing our eyes for it!

Agreed wholeheartedly ^^^

Yes bring a DECENT thickness rubbish sack/s big enough for any and ALL rubbish you will make personally - 2 or 3 small ones per person would be better than 1 massive one

A suggestion?? Make it a NO glass event - glass bottles take up epic rubbish space and if they get broken by accident its puncture city.. (of the tyre AND foot kind)

ie - if your favourite tipple doesn't come in a can/cask/plastic bottle - tough shit - don't bring it..

oh jeah big sacks

some guidelines on wagnat event post, basic common sense

any objections?

when you invite your mates make sure they bring or get a lift in a wagon! we can go camping and get on the piss etc any time.. this is all about getting wagmazingly wagriffic, wagcetera

what: 'national station wagon meet' haha its the WAGNATS

where: Vinegar Hill campground, you know where it is

when: friday 28th January till monday 31th Jan 2011. this i sauckland anniversary weekend which gives those concerned the monday off work.

a few guidelines:

- WAGONS are a must, preferrably pre 85. cool wags is why we're there after all!

- keep the acting like a fuckwit to a minimum, ie dont ruin other's camping times and if you're doing skids you should probably be at the rota nats

- rubbish: be sure to bring provisions for carrying your waste away with you, keep the place green etc

- a minimum of glass (cos it always gets broken) would be good

- it is imperative that all in attendance are having maximum good times at all times! unavoidable really. 8)8)

I like the guidelines except I'm more for a "glass ban" than "keep glass to a minimum" - too open to interpretation - I mean 20 odd bottles is a minimum but 20 bottles per person is a fuckload.

I remember last time the amount of glass was particularly shocking - There was only 20 odd of us and we would have comfortably filled a 6 x 4 trailer 2 ft deep in glass.

Bring cans and Lee will recycle them, casks and plastic bottles are easy to dispose of..

I suppose bottles of spirits will be allowed but keep it in your car and take it away with you when you leave..

I full agree otherwise and love the concept of if you ain't driving a sweet wagon then get a lift in a sweet wagon..

Note - I'm not too sure if it is a DOC campground or not but I think I remember we had some ranger and her kid circle round and collect monies from us one other time.

So have a few bucks handy just in case (allow $5 a night per person in case they do come asking - if they don't then its sweet gas/pie/redbull money for the ride home)

Its more than $5 a night.

Also I would like to add to the no wagon thing.. Thats a bit shit and some people without wags may wish to come (may not know wagoneers). Bit of discrimination for one of the better summer events OS has is not a good idea.

Gaz

^ Its not exactly one of our better events, it is essentially a bunch of guys with wagons camping on the piss. We have other events where everyone can bring a smelly sedan and we have cruises etc. Pretty much everyone there rolled 2 up in cars with up to 8 seats, if anyone has a sedan and wants a ride I'm pretty sure they will be easily accommodated. Shit most people will go out of there way to pick people up, I would for beer/gas.

Anyone who turns up with a sedan (or even worse a coupe/hatch) shall be shunned, have their car parked no less than 50m away from the wagon group and be made to consume 3 shots of the green fairy (Absinthe)? It only seems fair and it allows these people to still bring their cars, if need be - travelling from Gisborne or Whangarei for instance.

Maybe there needs to be the "10 wagmandments" written up or something?

Its Wagnats - so if you get there in a wagon then thats getting into the spirit of things..

Hitch yourself a ride, cos most wags will take 4 - 8 peeps, and bring a tent then camp in that..

Wagonlife and the celebration of wagons are what we are all about.. travelling in a slow convoy with max bods on board and camping/eating/living out of your wagon are pretty key elements.

However bring a sedan or a post 85 wag if you must and we will welcome you into the fold just like any other OS event.

The main thing is having fun and not ruining anyone elses fun so if you reckon that sounds like you then come along and have some fun. You know theres going to be a stack of it..

In light of current events it would seem if you are pregnant or have your period - best you be careful of the wagon god Axxalottapoppakettle.. :D

Will just crowd the place with post 2005 station wagons if we cant turn up in period correct sedans?

cool 1 nice

PS - its not the era of cars thats the point - its the lack of D-pillars