Individual Throttle Body tech

EURON8

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

also another reason for 2 stage as if you run 50mm throttles ,by having the injectors 230mm further out throttle response is better ,also make the 50mm like a 45 mm black top throttle

also reason i have been quiet is im building a new motor with 14.5 to 1 comp and 575thou lift cams with 1 tooth of vvti on both

and on the 2 stage i ended up with 440cc in boards and 1000cc out boards running 95 % out boards and 5% inboards

start up and idle from,cold is 900 to 1000 rpm

1000cc outboards. Fuck me, guess I won't be using the 550cc i've got

Glenn (or anyone) give any comment on type of injectors, (brands etc) suited to outboard mounting. I.E spray pattern type and why

My mind says you'd be look for a narrower spray pattern? to be more directional

Do you have pics of your outboards glenn? I was planing to mount mine in the top of an air box at about 45 deg pointing at trumpet as opposed to directly inline (not easily possible due to strut tower gett in the way)

easiest way is to create an account with an online hosting site eg photobucket. Then upload them to there and copy and paste the tag that is created for i when you've uploaded it into this thread. That might sound like nonsense but it will make sense once you've got an account.

any comments on types of injectors to use for outboards?

If I am runnning open trumpets can I still get enough vac from the ITB manifolds (on the engine side of the TB) to run a brake booster? Was thinking of having a 10mm hole drilled from one side of manifold to the other, effectively joining all TBs together and then having a pipe of sorts coming out of one end running to the booster? No room for a plenum. Also surely if a plenum created that much extra vac then that would indicate that a plenum is a lot more restrictive than not having one, which cant be true surely?

Would Map readings work ok on the head side of the TB? I probably wont MAP them but I would think that it would be nice to have it available. I was just concerned that you would create a false map reading when the TB closes and the engine is still trying to suck air?

From my limited experience with open trumpet throttles, I think you can run the brake booster off them, because when the throttles are closed theres still a large amount of vacuum generated, probably the same as a normal intake and this is when you are going to be using the brakes.

However, as soon as the throttle is opened even slightly, the vacuum shoots close to zero in a non-linear manner and doesn't vary much throughout the rest of the throttle opening. Earlier on in this thread a few other people backed this up, so I don't think you can run a MAP signal to fuel/spark it, you'll need TPS as well. That said, MAP would probably help with enrichment and other drivability things, so its always worth hooking up a tube to the manifold and the sensor, just so you have it available for tuning.

Run an airbox.

Space is very limited. If there is an airbox made it will be a while away, car will be tuned etc without one. I have some ideas for what I would do so will get to that one day. Its just one more thing I dont have time to do.

I have TPS and map tubes off std blacktop TBs so that will suffice.

Fuck I was so close to buying an F20c on the weekend, getting sick of the dirty beams. But then engineer found a way to make everything fit, and I quickly closed Tardme down.... Lucky, would have been $6k that I dont really have! Ended up spacing the TBs out, switching them around etc to suit beams motor. extending tabs that link TBs, so now the TB spacing matches the port spacing, and all runners will be straight and small and there is heaps of room around the trumpets for maximal airflowage.

Just need to fix the bashed up chassis rail!!!!! Someone must have run over a building or something, its a mess

However, as soon as the throttle is opened even slightly, the vacuum shoots close to zero in a non-linear manner and doesn't vary much throughout the rest of the throttle opening. Earlier on in this thread a few other people backed this up, so I don't think you can run a MAP signal to fuel/spark it, you'll need TPS as well. That said, MAP would probably help with enrichment and other drivability things, so its always worth hooking up a tube to the manifold and the sensor, just so you have it available for tuning.

it is certainly possible to tune ITBs based off of MAP and TPS. a hybrid combination of alpha-n and speed density is required. for idle and fast idle speed-density works but as the relationship between MAP and VE becomes subtle above a MAP 90% of barometric pressure, alpha-n is used in these areas. megasquirt (MS2/Extra in particular) permits you to use any combination of alpha-n and speed-density. one table is your primary algorithm and a second table is a multiplier using another algorithm.

EDIT: here is a great resource on 'blended' tuning for ITBs

http://www.77e21.info/mstuning_blendedansd.htm

From my limited experience with open trumpet throttles, I think you can run the brake booster off them, because when the throttles are closed theres still a large amount of vacuum generated, probably the same as a normal intake and this is when you are going to be using the brakes.

Do your brakes act funny when rev matching downshifts in the Vette? Surely this would be a sign if there is enough vacuum or not to run the booster, even if it's a very short blip on the throttle.

theres plenty of vac to run a booster, even with big cams as well. booster will hold a bit of vac also, so isnt really an issue.

think i said this a few pages back. but i would just run tps vs rpm. tps & map vs rpm isnt really worth the hassle of getting a good map signal and extra expense to tune, if your not tuning yourself. esp if your ecu has barometric correction in tps only mode.

Do your brakes act funny when rev matching downshifts in the Vette? Surely this would be a sign if there is enough vacuum or not to run the booster, even if it's a very short blip on the throttle.

I don't run a booster in the Chevette.