Dusty

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ritieo

got exahust prettymuch finished just need to remake a coupple mounting hooks. and bolt it up properly..

heres a shitty cell pics of how it looks

cb64d0d91b016920b266a9226f9ce4de6g.jpg

prettymuch 2.5" vering off to the left which is now blocked off and the super high flow muffler on the right.

pics of manifold tommrow. cant be fucked taking now.

also megasquirt and 02 sensor are on their way.

ok the rust stays then. im still going to paint the inside though as i dont want it rusting at all. also paint might block off any tiny air holes :P

should have this finished next week and ill start on the exhaust mani. its getting wrapped in heatproof tape. dont convince me otherwise. topmount turbo btw

Do not paint the inside!

it will come off go through your engine and ruin it. treat with por15 metal ready or some other phosphoric acide type stuff then use fish oil or some waxy grease on the inside. moisture shouldnt be a problem inside there anyway so after taking those two measures of proctection rust should not be an issue. there shouldnt really be an significant amount of moisture in the intake to cause rust anyway, e.g. heaps of old cars ran cast iron manifolds - it would only be if left for years and moisture allowed to get in there that rust could be a problem.

ok the rust stays then. im still going to paint the inside though as i dont want it rusting at all. also paint might block off any tiny air holes :P

should have this finished next week and ill start on the exhaust mani. its getting wrapped in heatproof tape. dont convince me otherwise. topmount turbo btw

Do not paint the inside!

it will come off go through your engine and ruin it. treat with por15 metal ready or some other phosphoric acide type stuff then use fish oil or some waxy grease on the inside. moisture shouldnt be a problem inside there anyway so after taking those two measures of proctection rust should not be an issue. there shouldnt really be an significant amount of moisture in the intake to cause rust anyway, e.g. heaps of old cars ran cast iron manifolds - it would only be if left for years and moisture allowed to get in there that rust could be a problem.

cheers ill find some por15 then. mitre10?

intake mani. pretymuch done.

2d7172d9c4298432af227d45e53b76102g.jpg

e6b50915714cfee7ca512c1b520aa90e2g.jpg

its ugly and it leaks. choice.

turbo and bov:

27f11f9a4dcdc919f9da73799c1728a52g.jpg

mitsubishi td04-13g-5 out of a vr4. max 14.5 psi so hopefully good for 12-13

mazda b6t clutch and flywheel:

091b823b445136f38456b24c889615bf2g.jpg

total cost to date $800 + $850 of electronics.

shit.

cheers ill find some por15 then. mitre10?

nah like a tradezone type store or maybe a paint and panel shop. but also note I mean metal ready, which is the the prep stuff for por 15 rather than the por 15 paint. its basically some kind of phosphoric acid/zinc etching stuff and puts a reasonable zinc barrier or something like that on bare metal. stops it from going rusty as long as its kept dry.

Ahh, thought those back roads looked a bit familliar... You should come over to Manfeild for a fang on the track/drive in the hills.

im not allowed on. iv got to have a roll bar.

sucks man.

been meaning to go for a blast over the hill to welly for a while as i havent really gone for a drive since iv had the teins in.

sidenote: electronics are here =D. after paying gst :(