Best LSD diff oil

RT

so many options...

what would you use in a Borg Waner with LSD?

i run redline in my borg warner. (crummywhore VL turbo LSD) its very good stuff. the diff in my car has had its fair share of thrashing, mostly track work, lots of oil surge type shit.

still works very well.

the guys at Diffs R Us swear by it, in fact im sure they are the agents for it, i think its safe to say they know what they are talking about..........

sheepers.

there are definately two camps of thought around redline, it seems to quieten down old boxes etc. But some people have started off with fresh lsd's and boxes and had issues, its not the be-all and end-all solution for everyone. A google search will find many opinions both ways,it seems like the goods but its also horribly expensive. I'm assuming its a clutch pack LSD? I've had good results just using the standard castrol LSD oil didn't feel the need for flashy oil.

IMHO all oils (excepting engine oils) are perfectly acceptable as long as you use a reptuable brand and are not subjecting your componentry to high loads - but it's true that some brands have a better reputation than others.

I have used Castrol LSX in all street cars with the odd track experience and never had a problem.

Tis much cheaper than Redline but it is true that Redline has got a superior reputation in Motorsport circles.

Depends if you want expensive and sensational or cheaper and a very acceptable oil

edit - damn I spent so long typing that between cooking dinner that Spence beat me to typing the same conclusion..

I don't mind buying the good stuff. Piece of mind knowing I didn't cheap out on the oil when I've spent enough getting the gears shot-peened etc.

But even redline has heaps of different types eh. What sort to go with? Heavy shock proof 75/90?

Do I need to use Limited Slip Friction Modifier ?

if it meets the manufacturers required viscosity/temperature specs and its not el cheapo china brand it should be OK. It's only when your racing or other wise severely stressing the diff that you might find one lets you get away with a little more abuse than the other.

Now I'll contradict myself a little in saying that it does depend on the manufacture a little - some of the european stuff the factory brand oils are very high spec in other areas than just the visc./temp. and are really as good or better than aftermarket "racing" oil. and sometimes using other oils in certain case will severely reduce componen life. Part of this is the factorys warranty claims, they will overspec stuff to ensure they meet warranty. But of course charge heaps for their 'own brand' oil because it is often higher spec stuff.

But on a borg warner diff I doubt that will be an issue. The right decent name brand oil is probably as good as anything for most uses.

the guys at Diffs R Us swear by it, in fact im sure they are the agents for it, i think its safe to say they know what they are talking about..........

Diff'r'us, arn't gonna endorse a product they don't sell, are they?

most reputable off the shelf brands will have a product suitable for everyday use, and will do the job splendidly.