CUL8R's SHOVE-IT

RUNAMUCK

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seats look really good in there. I wouldn't mind doing something along the same lines myself. Can you shed any more light on how difficult it was to get them onto the Shove rails?

Whats happening with the bonnet? Did you mount the motor higher or something? When I put my G200W in I didn't have to modify the bonnet at all. It does look kind of cool though, with the pinstripes etc, in a Vauxhall Chevette kind of way :lol:

Nah stock bonnet clears it, it was meant to be a steel version of the HSR one :lol: Am trying to source a fibreglass HSR bonnet for it..

Passengers rails bolted on at one end, had to redrill other end.

Drivers seat had electric height adjusters, so had to make steel plate to fit the bottom of them (the mounting points) which bolts to the seat, and I welded to the chevette runners.

• 2 months later...
Choice. How is that DOHC engine as far as drive-ability over the standard Vauxhall gubbins?

Everything with this motor is superior in regards to the 1256 that was in there, with the only exception being its weight.. The twin carbs doesnt phase me with the drive-ability, as Im used to twin carbs in the wagon, this should by all rights be better than my wagon.. Handling, braking and performance all increased

@ Pete wheres the build threads of those sweet sweet Val's, Bart will moleste himself when he sees them!

• 1 month later...

looking good man, when you rekon itl be done? will be super keen for a ride before I head north....haha

also, im useless, you still want that holley fuel pressure regulator manual? I copied it,just never gave it to you. And is there anything you want/need from my parts chevette? will most likely scrap if before I head away in a couple of months so let me know if you think of anything. I only want the doors and guards really.

How much better is the engine? be sweet in a 2 door I reckon.

That mate of mine has still got that fucking ZZ/T on his lawn I think, he is hanging out for $1500, we have told him to just sell it and stop being a dick...

If my username was cuteweegem, I'd so buy that car - at least he could fix it and paint it up..

Well original engine was a cast iron, 1256cc pushrod .. Cast head and all, not even a cross flow.. Isuzu however is DOHC, alloy head, 2.0 - So should go well in something thats around 950kg.. Given it wont be like a 3s, Ca or SR , but thats not the point.. :lol:

i ran mine injected and it went quite well but less weight smaller wheels would have been way better,

some 20y.o kid thought 17's were awesome and hadn't been introduce to u.j's guide to holesawing