SHGWAG's FD3S

SHGWAG

Just don't smash someone elses car/lock your driveway gate.

I am enjoying a) your hefty dose of slam that the other two 7's dont have, and B) your minimal bodykit

Tidy that front bumper, cut and polish and you're away laughing IMO

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just found this thread- read it fully. At start of build when you started to add the body kit I thought 'oooooohhhhhh nooooooooo... another one wrecked'.

Really glad you got it all going! I fucking love FDs- I would have to say the only modern car I would own (of the cars I could possibly afford ie excluding supercars, lotus etc)

I think FD's look best as you have it now- with NO KIT! looks great. That silver one in last photo with its skirts just looks barry boy. Looks like a hoover/roadsweeper.

Vids please!

And I know how much you guys ragged on Deaf Rattle when he was doing skids in his car and fucked it up

Lol, that was pretty funny.

Did a few small things on Friday

Decided to write up a to do list to Help me remember what needs to be done before the Cert:

Securely Mount ECU & Ignitor

Sort fault in Passenger side window electrics

Reinstall Passenger door trim

Reinstall Back Seats & Seatbelts

Install Momentary switch for scramble boost

Wire scramble boost switch - Ran wiring to switch, just need to sort out which pins on the switch to use and find a plug to suit it - I'm using a spare factory Rear demister switch for this.

Remove front seats & Bolt in Buckets

Reinstall glovebox

Install/wire gauges & Gauge pod

New Sealed Battery Box with vent to atmosphere

Sort exhaust noise level - Silencer / extra muffler

Replace rear left shock absorber - looking into sorting out a new set of adjustables

Reinstall heater box

Decent cut & polish

New wider rims

Slowly getting into things, spent 3 hours buffing it, looks a little bit better now.

Pulled out the RSM wiring, and re routed the loom so the heaterbox could go back in.

Will be back in Hamilton this weekend comming, hoping to get the Scramble boost switch wired up, and trace why the passengers window no longer works so I can put the passengers door back together.

Car also has a drain on the battery somewhere, also need to look inot this, battery goes flat after 3 days, I suspect the head unit.

SCRAMBLE BOOST FUNCTION A scramble boost function is integrated in the display unit. When the SBC button is pressed, an increased boost level is triggered for a selectable amount of time between 0-40 seconds.

Kind of Fast & Furoius styles, but may be handy for 5th gear burnouts.

I've set low boost at 12 psi, high boost will be set at 18, and once re-tuned, will set scrambe for 22ish, depending on what power etc it's making.

Can also set boost by gear, which I may set up at a later stage, as anything over 8psi in 1st of 2nd spins up the 18s.

There's a couple of Videos up on FacePalm of this thing idling / being backed out of the workshop. Also one of the R35 going hard.

Will try get a vid of it driving next time I take it out.

• 3 weeks later...