SHGWAG

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also that racing beat PDF is junk.

How come Daavve?

When turbocharging or supercharging a 2-rotor engine capable of 300+ horsepower, we recommend both Leading and Trailing timing be set at 10 to 12 degrees total advance, at 6000 rpm, regardless of the porting configuration.

It doesn't tell you anything, except what to set you base timing to make it idle. And a blanket statement like

When turbocharging or supercharging a 2-rotor engine capable of 300+ horsepower, we recommend both Leading and Trailing timing be set at 10 to 12 degrees total advance, at 6000 rpm, regardless of the porting configuration.

Is very dangerous.  Not to mention, have you ever seen anyone in NZ with a Holley on a rotary?

On another note I found these ignition maps, probably a bit more serious that what you have planned Mike, but it should give you an idea.

lmAs9.jpg

And the split between leading and trailing plugs

ta5HK.jpg

So Bridgeport + GT37 is near enough.

I dislike getting tuning info from the internet.

Looked into getting an adapter, $90AUD for one from Microtech, however, I know where one is so may pull fuel on the weekend if time allows.

I wouldn't copy it exactly, but it should give you an indication of what the tuner has on yours, if yous looks similar except has a couple of degrees pulled across the board then you are probably best to leave it.

Also that racing beat PDF is junk.

Sound like a real rotary owner their dude 

Correct good for fuck all to mike now i can read it but indicates a trend against port timing for us dinosaur folk

I've been in contact with the Green Brothers, unfortunately it will be months before they have any time to fit me in.

They've recommended Brent at Dynopower as the only other person they trust to tune their cars.

This may be the go. I will be contacting them tomorrow.

Have found a Microtech dongle, so will be uplifting the map this weekend to see what exactly it's doing and go from there.

• 1 month later...

Looked in to the tune, but the software is a bit old and not the most user friendly, knowing as much as I do, I decided to flag tampering with it.

So this is booked for a visit to RX7 Heaven next Thursday for a tune.

Chance of it hitting the goal of 300wkw = 25%

Chance of it blowing up on the dyno     = 75%

Prace Bwets Naow.

• Like 1