z18200s 1973 datsun 1200 sedan

AndyGal

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two dans helping me and now a third haha. Dan with th black ca18det has helped me with welding and fab, and Dan with the blue two door sss 1600 has been helping with the wiring.

Cheers Dan Iv got some to try but if they dont work your parts would be a great help.

Good milestone to have reached Mikuni thats for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't worry to much about a bit of smoke at idle, they're still making oil.

Judgeing by what turned up in the front of the motor I would say it has had a hard life. Drive it and see how it goes.

Or are the local hood rats upset by the smoke as well as the noise/look?

Cheers Guys,

Yep shes running nicely now Dan no bandit noises,

Il get some oil from Tauranga I hear its free up there,

Il get a vid once I get a wof already done enough wild high speed missions around the neighbourhood.

Im going to take the cage out at this stage as its I dont want to get rolled for it and Id rather have 4 people enjoying it over summer, I dont think I can use a bolt in cage at the track anyway? So its a bit useless unfortunately.

And re certing is a mission that I cant be farked with at the moment.

Iv heard you dont need cert for a half cage as long as it doesn't come past the headrests, So you can take your back seats out obviously, but then you have to cert it as a two seater?

It will be in this 3 car race, datsun, irs lancer, and half rx7 trueno, I will win by a country mile as I will have been practicing the track for years before the other two competitors cars are in a finished driveavable condition. Might need my cage for that.

From what I read on a ltnz site I thought It would have to be certed as a two seater?