volod's Pseudo-ZG

kyteler

:P

I would go back to FairladyZ non-Gnose if it were mine.

Sure, you could go to a Fairlady 240ZG replica but then you should have the 240 if you're going whole hog and not the 260.

Do something different for NZ and make a Z432 or Z432R replica, still should be the 240 rear panelled S30 shape for that too but at least it would be a change. Rock an RB20 with triples to replicate the S20. Win.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Z432 replica would be pretty awesome. But yeah, either way its not a 240 so both a ZG or a Z432 replica wouldn't be accurate.

In saying that, it doesn't really matter. Would be epic anyway.

Not sure about the 2 litre thing. The L20e is a bit of a dog under 4000rpm. Still is huge fun keeping it above 4000rpm through the twistys.

I have a set of Silver ZG flares with it, they just aren't on the car at the moment. Def needs wide wheels/lowering to start off with

Thats a nice buy dude. I was tempted to get it myself. Great deal. I vote for a L20ET. Or as KY said RB20DE with triples. Keep it short stroke.

Normally I would agree but I think RB25DE is a much better option if going NA. It only has 2mm longer stroke (probably not even noticible, especially once its opened up) and for the additional power and torque it has stock (over the RB20) surely it would be worth it?

050828_432r_01.jpg

Z432R replica on wide steels is kinda giving me the horn.

For the moment i will tidy it up, do a bit of suspension work and change the wheels. Might drop a L28 in so its a bit nicer on the open road.

Does anyone know where to get ZG light covers that aren't like $300us. Also, fairlady badges?

Never driven an L20ET, would imagine they would be quite nice.

L20e is a bit sluggish really. It only gets on song at about 4000rpm. Sounds quite nice but the previous owner added an extra muffler because he thought it was too loud. So now its too quiet. I'll remove it soon.

May be bringing it up to nats. Depends if i can beg/borrow/steal some mean wide rims.

• 2 weeks later...

Just spotted this thread.

Nice score.

Wasnt the "spiderman" zed was it,lol.

The light covers are rocking horse shit rare,you can get the lenses,but the strips are almost impos to get,for under a grand anyways.A guy in the states is trying to make some,at Zcar.com I think.

Def get rid of the strangled L20....keep the rods for a stroker if you go that way.

If you thinking of going RB,go the whole hog and go RB26/triples....oh yes!

If you want to sort out the denotation on the papers youll have to do the same as me,take it in to a nissan dealer and have it inspected with a letter to take to VTNZ,then its all go.

Mine was Regd as a Fairlady "2".........dumb fuckers,simple typo takes alot of hassle to sort.

There are a couple if issues with going L28e if staying injected,no biggies though.

Does it have the calender clock and leccy windows?

Anyways,nice to see another Gnosed Zed on the boards.

Hey mate. Yeah sure is the 'spiderman' Z. haha.

Was thinking i will make headlight covers up. Shouldnt be too hard over a couple cold weekends in winter. I'm not paying $800 us for a set thats for sure.

Are L20 rods the same length as L24 rods? I know people use the l24 rods when using the ld28 crank but havent heard about the l20 rods.

Yeah it is a bit annoying. So i don't have to go through the re-vim process? Because it would fail i think haha.

What are the issues going to L28e?

Has clock blanking cover and wind up windows. I've only had it a month or so and fuck i love it. Mean car even though its slow as hell.