R100's vtec turbo morrie 'yo

fuel

Holy shit you are the MAN! That would be such a hilarious car to go driving around in and scaring the shit out of boy racers at the lights.. and would go completely un-noticed by the police... 'but officer there's no way this Morrie 1100 can go that fast'

So wanted to do this but don't have the skills or patience to do it.

Mega ultra keen for buying a set of everything you use for the conversion..

I can also put you in touch with the guy who built the VTec Morrie in USA..

I also have a heap of photos of the conversion he has sent me personally

PS - I am not sure if there are differences in the engine bay between the Mk1 (what you have) and a Mk2/3 (what I have)

Nice project.

Do you have much lined up by way of suspension and brakes or just going to get it running and see what happens?

I also like the thought that you are cutting up a Domani as parts for a Morris 1100. It just seems right, and I'm not even a Honda hater by any means.

Any reason you arnt going with a B16a?

They are only slightly bigger, can get them for easily $250 and heaps more parts available, not uncommon to see a Turbo one with over 200kw.

Dseries can go well but arnt as efficient and can cost more to modify to a similar level

Will a b16a bolt up to the D15b 5 speed ?

I can get my hands on a b15a engine no probs.

B16A = 170 hp

D15B = 130 hp

Space is limited and ill most likely turbo it.

Could go with a B16A but i purchased a whole Domani for $200 and have all the parts for the D15B conversion.

Any reason you arnt going with a B16a?

They are only slightly bigger, can get them for easily $250 and heaps more parts available, not uncommon to see a Turbo one with over 200kw.

Dseries can go well but arnt as efficient and can cost more to modify to a similar level

B16A = 170 hp

D15B = 130 hp

Could go with a B16A but i purchased a whole Domani for $200 and have all the parts for the D15B conversion.

Pretty much no parts are interchangeable between the D and B series motors or gearboxes

Guessing its only a typo but no such thing as a B15a.

Second gen B16A's are 170hp, the early ones (in EF civics, EF CRXs and pre facelift DC integras) are only 160.

First gen motors had a cable clutch whereas second gen are hydraulic. AFAIK theyre interchangeable though.

One vote for the B series, pretty much a better engine all around. The space thing is an interesting comment, cant say Ive even seen one in real life but theres plenty of B series minis around and probably some turbo ones too (the yellow Dejoux comes to mind which have an even smaller engine bay than a mini) and an 1100 must have more room than a mini.

Nice project.

Do you have much lined up by way of suspension and brakes or just going to get it running and see what happens?

I also like the thought that you are cutting up a Domani as parts for a Morris 1100. It just seems right, and I'm not even a Honda hater by any means.

Will just get engine in and running. As for brakes... will see whats a good upgrade on the front at a later date. Already runs discs up front which i didnt think it had when i purchased it being a 1966 and all.

As for suspension. Will either fit airbags with a tank in the back. Nice and low when i need too or fit coil overs all round. Either option is as easy as the next and will cost about the same.

B16A = 170 hp

D15B = 130 hp

Na a B16a needs a B series gearbox, but you can find a non LSD one of them cheap, so long as you get a OBD1 B16a (or any B16 and put OBD1 dizzy etc on) then you can use the wireing loom and everything from the Domani.

So basically you use everything from the domani but with B16a engine and Gearbox and a B16 ECU which will plug into a OBD1 loom anyway

Very cool - I have a couple of the pics of the VTec'ed Morris in USA in my morrie thread click link in my sig..

Word of advice - if you are going to keep the hydrolastic (and I can't see any reason why you would change from a system that works so well) don't loose the restrictors that fit between the rubber hoses to the subframe and the hard lines that run under the car.. You will need those to refit it..

• 2 years later...